Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2008, 01:35 PM  
Unregistered

new pedestrian Hopkins Street bridge

Like or Dislike Aesthetics?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:21 AM  

Unsure. I didn't realize they were doing that till the other day. However it looks, I think it's needed.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:24 AM  

I really like it. I think it will be photographed often and used to promote the city as well as a connection for bikes and pedestrians.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:53 PM  

I got right up next to it and I don't like it. The large top rail of the railing is oversized and right at eye level blocking the average person's view. I imagine they'll leave the rusty metal since that seems to be the vogue but it looks terrible and I wouldn't want to touch it. I hope it's part of a planned walking path because otherwise the location so close to the railroad tracks is not good.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:38 PM  

You guys bitch and moan because there are not enough sidewalks and bike trails. Now that you have a nice bridge over the river, connecting to a new sidewalks, you bitch and moan because it is too close to the railroad tracks! Good grief!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesquiteMan View Post
You guys bitch and moan because there are not enough sidewalks and bike trails. Now that you have a nice bridge over the river, connecting to a new sidewalks, you bitch and moan because it is too close to the railroad tracks! Good grief!

If they couldnt bitch and moan... well then they would probably have to move and learn to bitch and moan about something else!

Very well said Mesquite Man

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:01 PM  

How boring if all we ever did was gush about how great everything was. Golly gee whiz, isn't life swell?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:18 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow skunk View Post
I got right up next to it and I don't like it. The large top rail of the railing is oversized and right at eye level blocking the average person's view. I imagine they'll leave the rusty metal since that seems to be the vogue but it looks terrible and I wouldn't want to touch it. I hope it's part of a planned walking path because otherwise the location so close to the railroad tracks is not good.
It is part of the new sidewalk path running from CM Allen to Thorpe lane. There is a pedestrian crossing over the RR tracks just beyond the eastern river bank. The rust finish eliminates the need for repainting which would be difficult with the federal river regulations. Give it another chance when you are able to walk on it.

Pictures here:...http://www.sanmarcosmercury.com/archives/5072
Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 AM  

I know who real jupiter is and she is no friend of mine, real jupiter I don't know how you posted using my handle but DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! If you do I will expose your REAL identity!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:49 PM  

San Marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by urainus View Post
Hey Buba, I missed you that Saturday on the courthouse steps for our debate
Interesting, because the debate on the courthouse steps was to be between Real Jupiter and MesquiteMan.

http://www.78666.com/forums/showthre...t=1156&page=14

Quote:
Originally Posted by real jupiter View Post
TwigBOY, I challenge you to a debate on the court house steps on THIS Saturday HIGH NOON boy! If you do not show up all of SM ill know you are full of...?

See post 136 for confirmation. Better yet, read the whole thread for a refresher on what a nutjob you are.

Urainus = Real Jupiter: confirmed.

How many personas do you have? Not that any one of them is all that different from the others.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!