Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-27-2005, 05:48 PM  
OUTOFTHEWAY

OUT OF THE WAY

THERE ARE MANY PLACES IN SAN MARCOS THAT CANNOT BE FOUND UNLESS YOU STUBLE UPON THEM. ONE SUCH PLACE IS BULL RUN OUTSIDE OF TOWN DOWN POST RD. YOU PROCEED TOWARDS FIVE MILE DAM BUT BEFORE YOU ARRIVE THERE, A SMALL GATED COMMUNITY APPEARS TO YOUR RIGHT. ENTER INTO IT AND YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT BULL RUN. ALSO, YOU CAN FOLLOW THE RAILROAD TRACKS THROUGH THE DITCH TO REACH ANY DESTINATION ON POST RD. DO REPLY WITH ANY SIMILAR LOCATIONS.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:51 PM  
outsider

kangaroo run

I am not sure whether this place still exists, but when I was going to Texas State there was a wildlife refuge off RR12. You would go out toward Wimberely and before you past the gas station on the right, you would turn into the spread out neighborhood. Deep inside of the neighborhood there are kangaroos and other exotic animals to view from the road.
Peace
Old 03-27-2005, 05:58 PM  
river rat

blanco river

Go out to blanco river apts on river rd and enter the first complex. Continue through the parking lot and down the dirt path leading to the blanco river. When the river is low, anyone can go out there and enjoy themselves. Also, thompsons island is just down the road.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:07 PM  
fisherman

fishing

i am not sure who has heard of dons fish camp, but the people who own it, open it up to everyone for a fee. you can fish, drink beer, do whatever and not really be bothered. you can also camp out there for fee.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:36 PM  
Crazy Redneck

AND GO MUDDIN'....YEE HAW

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.