Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2008, 06:27 AM  

Photos - San Marcos

My family and I have a session with a photographer this weekend and would like to find a nice place to shoot that offers a view of San Marcos as background. I'm drawing a blank on this. Anyone have suggestions on this or other uniquely SM places to photograph? Glad to hear any and all.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 AM  

San Marcos
There are some nice views of San Marcos from Staples Road. I'd bring a telephoto/zoom, to pull the city in and position the people as far back as necessary, to fit in the frame. People often make the mistake of zooming in/out to fit the people in the frame, leaving the background less than optimal.

The people can move. The city can't. Find a nice spot, compose a shot of the city and then put the people in.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:56 AM  

I'm partial to Old Main - I used it as a backdrop for some Mother's Day pictures on the steps leading up to it from the Quad. Since it's the weekend, you could park on the back side of Old Main.

The falls over by Salt Grass may be good for a backdrop. Also, Rio Vista Park and Sewell Park are good - but they may be harder to set up.

Something that would really represent San Marcos, though -
Just set up by some tracks and then wait for a train. Yep.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 PM  

You could always do it at the outlet mall:smile:

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.