Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM  

Problem posting reply

Several of us have been having a problem posting a reply on this site. When a reply has been typed (only possible after logging in) and the "post quick reply" button is hit, a message pops up saying "you are not authorized... refresh or log in", which then requires one to retype the message and retry. Another poster has mentioned three possibilities; site, server or internet. The last one being Gates' assault on his own XP system to force everyone to the Vista disaster. From what I can gather this corrupts each computer and/or site at different levels and in different ways to make it impossible to identify as one problem eminating from one source. The relative lack of activity on this forum may be a reflection of the difficulty posting on it. If the corruption or problem isn't on our 'puters (most other sites are problem free, except of course for the Daily Record turtle server) is there anything you can do?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:55 AM  

Use the "post a reply" button. For some reason the "quick reply" has never worked well.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:28 AM  

post it note

So it's a site problem. Somebody ought to patch that. Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:43 AM  

Samey Same

I've had the same problem posting using both "post reply" and "post quick reply". If there is a time limit they need to kill that clock. If it's a glitch it damn sure needs to be fixed. A posting problem will kill any forum.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:30 PM  

Ditto Ditto

I got problems with both the "post reply" and "post quick reply" buttons too.
It gets old retyping a message.
Anybody paying attention out there?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 PM  
A2

I'm testing it right now ?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 PM  
A2

both work ok for me
Old 08-29-2008, 07:37 AM  

San Marcos
Worked for me, too.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:49 AM  

Remember Me Box

I'm sure it was the remember me box. I had the same problem, got logged in but couldn't post unless I did it quickly. Then I remembered the connection between cookies on a timer and similar boxes. One of the guys having trouble mentioned turning off a "clock" (#4). He had the right idea.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 PM  

dump the remember me box

why not make that automatic instead of having to click the remember me box. seems old fashioned or a programming patch. it's redundant while logging in.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!