Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2008, 08:25 AM  

Recycling After Ike

Houston is haveing a contest for the best idea to recycle after Ike. They are giving some pretty hefty amounts of money as a prize. Okay Steve Harvey, time to show us your stuff! I mean that in a good way. Cause the guy has lots of ideas as far as recycling goes

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/6061179.html

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 PM  

great recycling challenge

I'm glad Debbie (my wife) and I were at the "State of the City" address at the new Conference Center this evening. It was there that I heard about this thread (thank you, Elena!). What a great recycling challenge, and a tremendous opportunity to divert a significant amount of material away from landfills.

In the next few days I will write up a quick post on this to Austin Eco Network, Bootstrap Austin, and a private distribution list of Central Texas folks involved in sustainability initiatives. We are creative people and we can rise to the challenge!

Now, you may have been talking about the "other" Steve Harvey (the famous comedian), but I'll proceed as if you meant lil 'ol me :smile:

Oh, and, remember this Saturday (October 18) is Hazardous Waste Collection, and the following Saturday (October 25) is "Cantoberfest" where Sustainable San Marcos will have a recycling information and collection booth at Farmer Fred's Fall Carnival.

Cheers,
Steve

Old 10-17-2008, 07:37 AM  

Awesome Steve! Please keep us posted on your progress!

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:09 AM  

work in progress

I posted the contest at the main Bootstrap Austin forum, sent an update on several topics (including this one) to a select distribution list, and submitted a post on this to Austin Eco Network.

I've got several other "irons in the fire" that need tending, so it's probably not going to be me personally who comes up with one of the winning ideas per se. But, maybe even something as simple as me helping spread the word, to folks much smarter than moi, can help!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!