Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2006, 08:30 PM  

River Debris

Well everyone, summer is officially here...you remember how we can tell dont you? Shiny beer cans, broken glass, endless lure packages, nightcrawler cans, and what summer would be complete without a couple thousand walmart bags? If you've been out this week you'll notice that all the cleaning of the offseason has already been totally reversed...if only garbage wasn't quite so heavy (without whatever came in it that people have no trouble carrying to the river).

Sorry all for using this as my outlet to complain about the irresponsibility of the few, because if you're smart enough to type you're not dumb enough to leave litter. Im just bitter because i went to my favorite fishing hole to find 3 bags of half-used catfish bait, 2 walmart bags, 2 crankbait wrappers, a bag of doritos, and endless bud light BOTTLES in the very spot that i cleaned last October and has remained clean since.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:43 PM  

San Marcos
I agree completely. The litter problem in this town is ridiculous and I have mentioned it before. They ought to have DWI, MIP and PI convicts cleaning up litter for community service.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:15 PM  

we dont even need those people to pick up trash...all we need is for the weekend warriors to take responsibility and clean up after themselves. you wouldnt unwrap something and throw the wrapper on the floor at your house, but they dont think about all the thousands of animals that have to make that litter a part of their daily routine.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:39 PM  

sorry, that last comment was way too hippy and thats not what im trying to get across-just wish that people would pick up after themselves

if you read the papers you know theyre planning on finding all kinds of stuff behind rio vista dam...just goes to show you that garbage doesnt just "go away"...glass breaks and mixes with the gravel (why you dont go barefoot in the guadalupe) and i'd hate to see that happen to our river any more than it already has

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!