Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2003, 09:58 PM  

River floats?

Anyone done any serious river floats are trips this summer? Guadalupe, San Marcos, Blanco, etc...?

- MA

Old 08-05-2003, 06:01 AM  
A2

I did San Marcos to staples earlier in the year. Great trip, not to much fish, alot of beer. Saw a school of pecasamus (?Spell, but it's those sucker fish that people have been letting go in the river and now there are huge schools of them, wild man , wild)

Went UP stream at Five Mile last Sunday. Man that river is clear and warm but there isn't much alive in it. I only went up about 2 miles. Did IH 35 to behind Walmart this past winter. It was nice, but the blanco doesn't have much on the San Marcos.

I really want to do the Guadalupe this winter. From Canyon Dam to New Braunfels.

( a 'lil off track, but...... ) the ol' lady and I went to Canyon of the Eagles on Lake Buchanen on Friday. Tried to camp out for two days but it was just to hot. But the place is awsome. If you ever get a chance, I would say take it, escpecially in the winter when the eagles come to rest during their migration. Plus the park has only been open since '99, so it's really clean and natural. They have a pool, showers, and all kinds of camping. From primative to little lodge cabin rooms you can rent for a 100.00.. they sit on top of a hill and over look the entire lake. Awesome.

(Back to canoein') Anytime anyone would want to go....Sunday mornings are my favorite....let me know. I know the San Marcos like the back of my hand. And I hate to brag, but when it comes to fishin' the upper San Marcos, I have no competition.
<<<<Catch and Release Only>>>>>

A2

Old 08-05-2003, 06:40 PM  

Canyond of The Eagles

Say A2, you may have just solved my delimma for summer trips. I needed a new fresh place to hit and I had no idea about the Canyon of The Eagles - sweet.

As for fishing...I love it and haven't spent enough time doing it of late...so if you want a canoing partner lemme know. Sunday morning sounds good and I have some antiquated fishing gear...but it'll catch'em just the same. Say the word...I'm there.

I used to Ranger the Guadalupe River back in the eighties and early nineties. Great fun and plenty of good features worth checking out, be it in a canoe, kyak, raft, or tube.

- MA

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.