Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2007, 08:11 PM  

San Marcos Square Trash

Thanks to the piece of trash who addressed my active duty military wife this evening in protest on the Square in San Marcos. I'll have you know that she's served 14 years defending your sorry existence and has been to Iraq twice. Your sorry, unsolicited comments asking her "Why don't you go back to Iraq?" as she sat in her car after 14 hours on duty defending your freedom were uncalled for, pointless, and they show that you have no backbone or reason for living in this town. You're extremely lucky that I wasn't with her at the time. Take your sorry, war-protesting, sad sack of a self to some other country and most definitely to some other state. This is Texas.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:40 AM  

San Marcos
Totally out of line.

Personally, I am very thankful to live in a country where I have the freedoms and the luxuries that I do and I truly appreciate those who serve to protect my liberty so that I don't have to.

Thank your wife for me.

It is a shame that anyone in this country, regardless of their views of the war, would have anything but the highest regard for the people who serve in the military.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:19 PM  

You bet I will. I find it overly odd that the Honk for Peace gurus who claim to be so in favor of the troops and against the war would take the initiative to yell out something like that to someone who wasn't even speaking to them while waiting on a red light. I seriously doubt that the person who did it has ever served or defended anything. As it turns out, these folks don't seem to be affiliated with any particular party...they're of the Cindy Sheehan (sp) clan. Another article I read in the University Star quoted Rob at the Hill Country Humidor as saying he thought they were a nuissance too. Once you've hit the bottom of Rob's book, I'm pretty sure you don't have much of a future in this town :-)
Old 06-01-2007, 11:23 AM  

Right on Shiner6

Shiner6,
I couldn't agree more. I saw those damn protesters out on Memorial Day protesting, and it made me sick. You would think that they could give it a rest on this one day that we set aside to honor our Servicemen and women. I've served in the Persian Gulf. I wonder if any of them have served anything other than fries. Also, I find it ironic that Wal-Mart (which according to liberals is just behind Haliburton as the source of all evil) was the only store I visited Memorial Day weekend that was playing patriotic songs (Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" and Johnny Cash's beautiful "Ragged Old Flag"). God Bless your wife and all our brave men and women around the world.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:48 PM  

Gig 'em Ags, and God Bless :-)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.