Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-19-2005, 04:17 PM  

San Marcos
11. Bring back Wesray's for christ's sake!

Old 05-19-2005, 10:10 PM  

You are so right, semi native, we do need Wesray's back. I was really bummed when I saw it was replaced by some craphole.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:06 PM  
Cruzer

12. make Texas State and all girls school....hee hee....that would be fun
Old 07-04-2005, 06:30 PM  

re

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native
11. Bring back Wesray's for christ's sake!
In my opinions, the school's are great here, or maybe I am biased becasue I have worked in the district for the past two years.

As far as a radio station, I've always been interested in an online station with podcasts, smashups, local music, etc.. It wou;dn't be hard to do, it would just take people and time. For an example, check out my Spurs podcast:

http://www.madgfx.net/hosted/psent/p...cast062105.mp3
Old 07-05-2005, 04:51 PM  
music lover

We have live music venues, but no one goes out. I work at one of the bars in San Marcos that hosts live music every night. In my 3 years of experience, no one goes out just to see music. It's not like Austin where people go into a bar because the band might be worth checking out. People only come out to see bands that they know or have friends in. There is so much great live music being played in San Marcos that the vast majority is missing out on because they won't give it a chance.
People complain that we don't have a thriving music scene, but they are not supporting the one we do have. We shouldn't want to be like Austin. If that's what you want, just go live in Austin. We need to work on making what we do have better and appreciate it for what it is. If we take it for granted, it might not be there when we need it.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:40 PM  

San Marcos
The last band I saw live in San Marcos was Pushmonkey, several years ago. If I knew of a place that was not mobbed with drunk kids, where I could get a table, I'd probably go.

Where do you work? What is the crowd like?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:57 PM  

San Marcos
Re: re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0214
In my opinions, the school's are great here, or maybe I am biased becasue I have worked in the district for the past two years.
By national standards, they're not very good at all. They could be much better and there is no reason why they aren't. For example, only 53% of High School seniors in Texas took the SATs in 2001, compared to a high of 82% in Connecticut.

At the school where I graduated, more than 90% took the SATs, just as many took the PSATs, there were mandatory tutorials to help prepare for the tests and many students took the tests twice.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:03 AM  
smarcus

where's it at?

Why doesn't KTSW ever play local artists? There's another thing that could help the scene.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads