Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2007, 06:00 AM  

Sean Patrick's Pub - Great !!! The Next Texas State Institution !

This place is the best!!! All the different kinds of food, the atmosphere, and I cant even count all the beers and Irish whiskies they have.
I dont quite understand what all the fuss was about. Yes, they had some problems with service at the start. Believe me, I know they had problems. But man, the food is and has always been awesome! And now the service is catching up.
The place is absolutely beautiful. And I can forgive the Texas jersey just because it's obvious why its there. It's obvious that the 2 guys that own the place are from Houston, and it's obvious to every Texan that Campbell was a stud. Period!
And I dont mind the prices either. It keeps out the rift raft, and compared to everyone else, they really arent that high.
I too joined this forum just to mention Sean Patricks. But I picked this spot to write because after reading what others had written before me about this place I was shocked. I am not gonna judge these guys, but man, ya'll are rough on folks. What I read seemed more like slander rather than personal criticisms. And I cant imagine actually calling people out by name.
All I wanted to say is that I have owned a number a business's in my past. And I know first hand how hard it can be to hit the ground running. Especially when your runnin' with college kids. If you'd ever done it yourself, you'd know. My experience with it has been bitter sweet. And no, im not bashin' kids in college, but sometimes what they think they know, they have only been taught in theory. They havent had the time yet for what life lessons or experience will really teach them.
And I have also had the pleasure of meeting all the owners/managers by now, and they didnt, and dont come across to me like people who dont care. The staff seems to be very happy with them, and I was personally quite taken by the brothers. If you ever have a chance to talk to them, do it! What these two guys have already done in their short lives is amazing. Ask them about the sports they've played. Their nuts!!! Especially the older one, Mike.
Any way's, to my forum predecessors, I hope ya'll give these folks another chance in the future because if you dont, I really think your missin' out.
But to everyone else who may read this. Go decide for yourself. We have all had different experiences there. Some have obviously been bad! But I think allot more of us have had even more good. At least thats why I keep goin' back.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 PM  

Slander?? Do you even know the definition of that term?

Again, thanks for starting a whole new thread for a topic previously covered in another. Your lack of forum etiquette severely diminishes your credibility in my mind.

And, yes, I am a business owner here in San Marcos. So everyone can quit citing my assumed lack of knowledge regarding the intricacies of running a successful business in a college town. We are quite successful and I guarantee most of the visitors to this forum have patronized my establishment, and I have never seen anything but great reviews here.

I will continue to lament the lack of service and overall quality of Sean Patrick's. It is not enough to simply refuse them my business. That is the great part of our free, capitalist society. I am able to voice an opinion, given it is based on true accounts. Which, unfortunately for SP's, it is.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:51 AM  
A2

lol

I'll go there this weekend and give an honest review of my experience. It's been a couple of months since my last visit. I had sworn that I wouldn't go back, but I will give it one more try.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:17 AM  

Sean Patrick's Pub - Great !!! The Next San Marcos & Texas State Institution !

Well? How was it?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:53 AM  
A2

It's been over a month and everytime I want to get a burger and a beer, I end up going to the Tap Room.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:34 PM  

COme Up with an original menu

These guys just amaze me! They have copied something for every menu in town. The Tap Room, J's Hill Country Grill, Palmer's you name it, not one original thing.

Cheers

Rick
Old 03-13-2007, 04:31 PM  

The lengths some will go to too scream their opinion never cease to amaze me. I kept my post completely respectful of others, while offering a different opinion. Then someone I was not even addressing slams me for it. I wrote nothing with them in mind. But now I will.
To the self-professed ?Chad? of San Marcos: This forum is simply public opinion. Which is the farthest place a word like ?truth? should find itself in the same sentence as the word ?opinion?. Let alone be used to describe the other. ?Do you even know the definition of the words?? Your tall tale was an entertaining read. If it was even remotely true, guess what. You?re an idiot? who the hell waits that long for a beer and an appetizer. Maybe, you and Mr. Penny Whistles should get together and see who can make the other one sound dumber. I read the post you made on the thread I ?accidentally? started called ?Sean Patrick's Pub - Great !!! The Next Texas State Institution ! ?. It was clear to me that you have definitely spent more than enough time with a dictionary while I read your ?lament?. Nothing annoys me more than someone who tries to show intelligence by hiding behind an exhausted vocabulary. Then you go on some rant about others citing your lack of knowledge on running a business with college students. Sounds to me like someone has an inferiority complex. I read everyone?s statements and found no such accusation.
I think the bottom line is that you like to argue with people more than you like being as ?A2? states, ?opened minded? towards others who did not have the same experience as you did. I think most of the town is thankful there is a new, different place in town. I don?t think that there is a person in town that didn?t look at the building in its previous condition and think of what they would do to improve it. But, when I hear people say that they could have done it different or better it makes me laugh, ?could a, should a, would a?. Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy to me! My guess is that most of the people that say these things lacked the money, creativity, and the guts to risk doing what the folks at Sean Patrick?s have done.
I?ve read other people?s comments stating what they think the owners should do to ?fix? their business. Some are so delusional that they have even written as if they are talking to the owners themselves. Do you think people with a business like that have time for this stuff? Not to mention reply to it. No, this is what people with too much time on their hands do. People like them work to contribute.
I actually brought up some of these service issues to the owners personally. Yes, I do frequent the place and hope it stands the test of time. They say they are aware of the ongoing issues. They have instituted a teamwork service style. I assume this is some of what is described by others as having more than one waitress. And if you had been back, you would see it has helped things tremendously. I too love the Tap Room. Love it! And I am sure that the owner there appreciates your lack of attention to service out of a sense of loyalty. Because as much as I love it there, service is not what brings me back. And everyone knows it!
Maybe we should all just dine out based on ?SanMarcosChad?s? suggestions because he knows where the ?perfect? places are.
It is obvious from this forum that people care about this place. Some of it is negative attention and some of the attention is positive. Regardless, people care. And for that I can find no fault in any post on this thread. Actually, if we all really wanted our opinions to be considered ?credible?, we would cut out the personal arguments and stick to the point.
However, that would suggest that we are mature and sensible. And what fun would that be? We would have to start by getting rid of idiots like ?vauxhallbear?. One of the worst on this forum. He has'nt even stated his own reasons for picking apart these folks, he's just picking for the heck of it. Get a life! And you?re supposed to be a professor!? Why don?t you go and rip another ?frequently used Irish saying? from the internet and post more proof of your childishness, you un imaginative, un original twit!
If at the very least I hope this has sparked others curiosities for finding things out for themselves. If it hasnt, think of it on these terms. Would you rather have had tasted chocolate for yourself, or just had someone describe it to you? Even if you didnt like it, was'nt it worth finding out for yourself?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 AM  

San Marcos
Take a deep breath

Between the two threads, you seem to be the most angry and unwilling to allow others to express their opinions.

It really does sound like this is your place, or perhaps you work there or something. I recall not too long ago the manager of Bum's or one of the other pool halls got on here and made some very frank and honest comments about problems at his place and what was being done to address them. He invited everyone to come back and see the changes.

His message was much better received.

I don't know about managing businesses in a college town, but I know about managing products and services and PR for multi-multi-million dollar businesses and I know that you don't berate your unhappy customers, no matter how unreasonable they appear to be.

I've gotten it a lot worse than what has been written here and I have never reacted the way you are. If one of my employees did, I'd fire him on the spot.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:15 PM  

Read it again then...
This is a typical reply from you "semi native". Anyone who defends the place must "work there", "own it", or "have skin in the game". It seems everyone on this thread who dislikes the place is the master of his or her universe, or the "authority" in their respective fields. That is what I call an "opinion".
I have stated multiple times that I personally love the place, and regard the owners as my friends. My last thread had as little to do with their pub as it possibly could. I even stated in the beginning of the thread that it was a reply of my own opinion on how off point, and condescending some of the other posts seemed to be. Nice try though on attempting to give you yourself credit by connecting my statements to them personally.
If you read anger, than you yourself must be angry. That is my opinion of your perception. And perception is what the majority of the criticisms have been. They are personal, and have little to nothing to do with the place itself. Past ?service? acknowledged issues excluded.
People are curious by nature. My guess is it will take more than what is posted on this forum to dissuade someone from finding out what the place is like for themselves. I think the only "credit" given to this thread comes from those who have posted on it themselves. Myself included. If people look for faults, they will find them. That's true anywhere. For me the place has many more pros than cons. And has from day 1.
I have said more than I came on this forum to say.
It?s been entertaining...
Old 03-14-2007, 04:26 PM  
A2

Why don't we all meet there and have dinner and some coldbeers one evening. We can discuss the food, menue, and wait staff. Then we can dicuss message boards, cell phones, and ipods and how they effect our society.

Then I'll get drunk and fall over and y'all can laugh.

IF Shawn Patricks kicks me out....the place sucks.

IF Shawn Patricks calls a cab for me.....then they're my new favorite.

Deal?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads