Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2005, 03:34 PM  
Smeagel

Whiners rule

If the City cracks down on rental properties in this town your property values are going to crash. What will owners do with houses they can no longer rent to the biggest market in the city?(students) It is simple supply and demand. A new glut of houses on the market and a loss of student renters pushes home prices down. The City should focus on behavior of home dwellers and not screw with the market by excluding people from renting and living where they want. You are digging your own grave and don't even know it.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:49 PM  
san marcos

san marcos

well, now we agree; yes if you intend to sell the house to a buyers market then yes you would face problems with people wanting to pay that much but you should always go through a realtor and usually the realtor takes care of all the subsequent measures. the house that i rented, the landlord sold it afterwords and because she went through a realtor instead of doing it herself which makes considerable difference. my main point was that property does not go down it only goes up but if you sell it outright then yes you are stuck with the trash around you. also, you should simply sell the mortgage and not the house. that might sound funny but what it means is that someone else assumes payment will you recoup closing costs and other misc costs without having to pay for the mortgage since you no longer want to house. you will not lose money because you do not own anything but a mortgage. you do not own the house until you pay for it outright so you should let the mortgage company deal with it because they are the owners, not you.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:04 PM  

What????

Property values only go up? A trashed neighborhood does not impact values??? You only own a mortgage????

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:03 PM  

Semi-Native is a ****ing idiot. Typical San Marcos jackass.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:31 PM  

San Marcos
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Semi-Native is a ****ing idiot. Typical San Marcos jackass.
You certainly are articulate. What a thought provoking response. You've changed my mind.

Bravo!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:40 PM  

San Marcos is so old fashion. I twill never be anything more than what it is, a spec between Austin and San Antonio.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:10 AM  

Has this law passed?

Hello, I used to live in SM, but have recently moved away. I was wondering if they have passed this ordinance yet, and if so, does it apply to any house, or only to rental homes? So, if I own a home, can I have more people living in my home than if the property is a rental?

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:46 AM  

Ordinance

My understanding is that there cannot be more than two non-related residents, whether the property is owned or rented.

As for the poster who called the town old fashioned and a speck between Austin and San Antonio, so what? If we wanted to be in Austin or San Antonio, we'd move there. Maybe you should consider that.

Rest assured, though, folks in those cities enforce their zoning regs big time. It's not just the residents of the neighborhoods who are opposed. The big bucks that are funding all of the apartment buildings are opposed to 5 kids renting a house too.

There is a limited amount of property that is zoned for multi-family or commercial or industrial, etc, so any time anyone uses less expensive, more plentiful residential property for a business, the businesses who paid a premium for their approprately zoned property are going to be unhappy and rightly so.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:35 PM  
holding 1

Property Value Crap

Uh-oh. Here we go....

property-value-defender: I was responding to a poster who implied that protecting my property value was unjust.

h1: I didn't see any type of implication. However, fining people who aren't related and live in the same house seems unjust to me.

property-value-defender: Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO KNOW that my neighbors work very hard for what they have. I also know that you continue to prove my point by showing no respect for that.

h1: This borders on jibberish. Do you understand yourself?

property-value-defender: Property values are most certainly impacted by the condition of the neighborhood.

h1: the condition of the neighborhood seems like everyone's responsibility. Perhaps getting together with your neighbors about keeping the neighboorhood clean would be a better option than automatically fining those who aren't related to each other in one house.

property-value-defender: When I walk the dogs at 11:00 and there is no trash in the yard, but there is at 7:00 in the morning and when it is predominantly fast food and beer cans, I have a pretty good idea where it came from.

h1: This means nothing more than you having an idea. Where do we go from here?

property-value-defender: I could be wrong. Maybe the lawyers and doctors are dumping all of the **** on Sagewood.

h1: Again, it looks like neighbors need to get together in a civil manner, and discuss better options than fining people. Sitting around bitching about property values going down in an OBVIOUS college-student neighborhood seems to be getting us nowhere, other than fined.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:57 PM  

Huh?

I don't get it. Every town I know of has single family zoned property, multi-family zoned property, light industrial, industrial, commercial, etc, etc. Why should San Marcos be any different? What is wrong with zoning regulations? Where is it that you grew up that did not have zoning regulations?

You're really sounding kind of silly if you ask me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!