Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2004, 07:00 AM  
A2

I have a meeting schudualed with the assistant producer for KTSW ( local college radio station) tonight.

We'll be taping an interview about the park and the action committee, and going over ideas for a short promo. that, hopefully, will get played untill the park is built.

I'm still trying to get an interview/article with the editors of the SCENE magazine.

And going to talk to Grady about getting some ad space donated in Proper Gander.

I'll keep everyone posted on how the radio spot goes.

A2

Old 09-28-2004, 05:59 PM  
A2

Listen up.
Just got done with my radio interview regarding the Skate Park of San Marcos Action Committee
Andrew, the producer, said that it went really well.
He?s gonna take it back to the studio, edit and mix it. And it will be aired on this Sunday at 11:00 am, as part of the In the Public Eye.
If you don?t get 89.9 fm KTSW, you can listen on line here

http://www.ktsw.swt.edu/

He?s going to get back with me on becoming an underwriter and getting a promo to play daily. He also suggested contacting the University Star newspaper, he said that their always looking for stories and ours would be a great one.

?If you build it? they will come?

A2

Edit**** Hey hodges..for the record I gave 78666.com a healthy plug.

Old 10-03-2004, 10:22 AM  
A2

Hey hodges,,,,we got to get the Skate Park of San Marcos Action Committee on the front page.

They just aired my interview on KTSW and I gave 78666.com a huge plug.

Also I've got a interview with a reporter from the University Star and I plan on using 78666.com again.

Will find out this week about a proposal for an article in the SCENE...

If you want me to write something let me know.
If I do is it bettert to send it to you in an email or as an attachment in word?

We just have to have something big on the top of the front page, your going to be getting some hits in the next couple months.

Let me know.

A2
Old 10-07-2004, 09:55 AM  

( this was a mass email sent out to eveyone I know. If you would to be added to the email list please let me know...SPREAD THE WORD. )

Where We're At....
--$100,000 in the bank, thanks to the Feds and their CDBG ( community develop block grant )
--the Skate Park of San Marcos Action Committee has raised over $700. on their own. Thanks in part to Brett Anderson's involvement and promotion of the Team Love Reunion, Skate board contest at the C-fan Ditch, and concert at the Triple Crown. Thanks to Allen of the Triple Crown for his help.
-- Skate Park of San Marcos Action Committee meeting slated for Oct. 17th 5pm at my house 923 Sycamore ( behind Heberts Taco Hut )
-- Location, we should find out at the next parks and recs meeting if the location is going to work or not. It will hopefully be at the field that is in between the Army reserve building and Walgreens on Hopkins. I think the city engineers where going to look at it and let the Parks and Recs. board know if it will work.
-- Interview and story on KTSW 89.9 fm, last sunday. Went really great and actually got a couple of phone calls from it.

WHERE WE'RE GOING

Just finished interview with San Marcos SCENE magazine. Went great. An hour of Q & A and then a photo shoot at the proposed location. The Issue should be out by the end of the month.

Flyers being posted. If you would like to help post flyers advertising the Action Committee meeting please email me and I'll get ya some. I've got posters up at the following.
1. Activity Center
2. Library
3. Triple Crown
4. Yellow Store

We need to get more out. obviously

Working on getting an interview with the University Star. If anyone has contacts at any other forms of media please put in a good word for the Action Committee. Once I get the article in the Star, I"m going to start getting in touch with the Daily Record.

Churches.
I've been thinking that the local Churches could be one of our biggest allies, and donation contributer. I'm a member of the First Lutheran church and will be approaching them on helping out by getting the word out and collecting donations. Please contact your local church and see if they would like to help out. Remember the park will be available for ALL group activities.

Money...
It's a darn shame that the skaters are being held responsible for raising funds. We haven't officially recieved any money form the city or hit the city up for money, and I'm going to assume and proceed with the notion that the city WILL NOT be giving us any money. If they do, GREAT ( my mom always told me to plan for the worse and hope for the best )
We've got to just plan on raising all the money ourselves. Which is really wrong because I don't think any tennis players helped raise the $350,000 that it took to retro fit the tennis courts, and that was years ago.

Spread the word.
We're working on a letter of intent to send to churches, buis.'s, civic groups, and local organizations. Any one who can help write this letter please send me a draft.

wwww.78666.com
they will be relaunching their website with a whole new design and promotions ( t-shirts and stickers) on OCT. 15. I've been in contact with the head designer over there, Jesse Hodges, and should get a good story on the front page.

For more info, and to join discussions check out these sites.

http://www.78666.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6

http://www.bonelessone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=949

*** Everyone.. Please forward this on to any one that you think might find this the least bit interesting. If you know someone that should be part of this mailing list please email me and I'll add them. Rodney please forward this on to the rest of the P & R board and any one on City Council who could appreciate it.

Any one with comments, questions, or complaints please call, email, or come to the SPOSMAC meeting on the 17th at 923 Sycamore.

I'll try to keep everyone posted on what's happening.

Thanks a million and keep in touch...

Aaron Arguien
aaronthekid@yahoo.com
512.392.7624 ( L.A. Landscape Service, Inc.)
Old 10-13-2004, 12:33 PM  
A2

http://www.universitystar.com/main/main.php
Old 11-23-2004, 09:38 PM  

info

Id be willing to help you guys out. Skating and paintball do cater to the same type of people (extreme). Our building should be complete in the next couple of weeks. Things are coming together slowly but surely. If you guys want to hang some flyers etc. just bring them by.

We have tons of teenage kids that come from Austin, SA, SanMarcos and Newbraunfels that come play. Not to mention the church groups. Let me know if interested.

Besides, my 12 yr old son loves to skate. His current goal is to be sponsored and turn pro . He still needs some practice
Old 11-27-2004, 07:14 PM  
A2

Sounds like we could definently help each other out.
You gotta get in on the Funraiser that where going to be throwing at the end of Feb.
You could get a vendor booth.

Check out www.sposm.org

Better yet come to the next action committee meeting
Dec. 19 5 pm at the old fish hatchery building behind the Parks and Recs building.

More Later,
A2
Old 11-30-2004, 09:13 AM  
A2

man your site is great...who built it?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:47 PM  

A good friend of mine built our website. Thanks for the compliment. Come out sometime and check us out.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:18 AM  
A2

UPDATE 10.13.05 ***Meeting Venue Changed***...just a little

_________ACTION COMMITTEE MEETING_____________

______Thursday October 20th 6:00pm_______

____________Old Fish Hatchery___________

The Old Fish Hatchery building is basically behind the parks and rec building (401 East Hopkins, across the corner from Mr. Gattis). It's an old white bulding witha big porch that goes all the way around it, right on the river.

We are inviting any and all members of Texas State University Surf/Skate Club to come on over, meet the crew and see how we can help each other out. We've been waiting for a good connection on campus and with the Surf/Skate club on board, we'll be in like Flynn.

Besides covering the Action Committees progress with Non-Profit status, and other boring stuff, we want to go over the master plan ideas, Self Policing Policies, and future events.

Believe it or not the park is moving along pretty well right now. Austin's free public skatepark will be opeing next month, and San Marcos wants to get there's started by the first of next year. We have over $200,000.00 in the bank and we're looking for an enginer as we speak.

So make sure y'all leave the 20th open and come on out. If your not sure where the building is post up on the message board.

A2

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.