Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2006, 12:04 AM  
A2

slander and defamation of character

The Yellow Store is another business here in San Marcos that seems to treat it's employee's like cold turds.

Atleast that's what I heard through the grapevine.

I don't really know the details, and don't really care, I just wanted to join in the Slandering and Defamating.

It was fun, what local business is next???

Old 03-10-2006, 09:08 AM  

San Marcos
I stop by every day. If you've got something else you'd rather talk about, I'm all for it.

How about we talk about the recent parking enforcement on the square? It seems that if you park in the spaces adjacent to the old courthouse, you get a ticket, period. No time limit, no nothing. The parking is supposed to be for county business only, but even people on county business are getting ticketed. If you're parked there when they are writing tickets, you get one. That's about the extent of the system, as I understand it.

There is a movement to try to reduce LBJ and Guadalupe to two lanes, in order to add a handful of parking spaces. I wonder if the two are related somehow.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:20 AM  

my brother has mentioned something about a parking garage that's in the works for downtown. anybody know if that's true or if it's just for txstate?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:24 AM  

San Marcos
When the fire department moves out of their building (behind Tap Room), there are plans to build a garage there. This is probably a few years out, as I do not believe the details have been sorted out for moving the firehouse yet.

The question then becomes, what will traffic on and around the square be like if LBJ and Guadalupe are reduced to two lanes and parking is added on Guadalupe, in addition to this parking garage?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:12 PM  

Parking garage downtown

It has not been approved by the City yet. They are currently "studying the need".
Old 03-17-2006, 04:06 PM  

San Marcos
Studying the need for a new fire department, a parking garage, or reduced lanes on LBJ and Guadalupe?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 PM  
dku

I've heard the Yellow Store doesn't stand by their employees at all. Heard some bad stories directly not through the grapevine. I refuse to go there.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 AM  

the only thing they have going for them is their beer selection...its the best in town and if you dont believe me, try going there. you dont go for the atmosphere or convenience, cause it isnt there. you gotta really want that pyramid heffeweisen to drag yourself to yellowstore in my opinion
Old 05-06-2006, 09:41 AM  

Studying the need

Sorry, they are studying the need for a new parking garage. You should take the Downtown Master Plan survey here, and let them know what you think about the parking, lanes and so forth.

http://www.txstate.edu/ir/cgi/downtown.pl?uid=sm

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!