Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2003, 06:17 PM  

Songwriter Night at Cheatham Street Warehouse

Just got through chatting with Kent Finley, the owner of Cheatham Street Warehouse and longtime musician and proponent of folk music.

If any of you sing original material, and you want to try it out in front of an attentive audience of writers and musicians....here's the place to do it:

Every Wednesday night at Cheatham Street Warehouse they host a Songwriters Night. You show up at 8pm and sign up, starts at 9pm, and you get to play two songs, but you must stick around and listen to the rest of the people play too - that's the deal. No pool shooting, loud talking, no nothing but giving the songwriters your full undivided attention.

If this sort of event sounds piques your curiosity, go check it out.

- MA

Old 09-05-2003, 06:33 AM  
A2

hay

Monkey,
You didn't happen to mention to Kent, the willie fund raiser, eh?

I'm still curious about that.
I do know that their having a big music fest at the Wearhouse, at the end of this month I think.

Old 09-05-2003, 04:50 PM  

That sounds Awesome!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:27 PM  

Wille Nilly

Hey ya A2, nope..sure didn't. I was interviewing him for a piece I'm doing on the old "Too Bitter" building on the corner of San Antonio & LBJ. I will ask him though next time I see him.

Hey, in the meantime...did you guys know that LBJ used to be named "Austin,", and Hutchison Street used to named "Mountain." I was sifting through city maps that dated back to the early 1900's and saw the street names. C.M Allen used to be called "Cedar." How about that eh. Oh yeah, and in 1906 there were 2500 people in San Marcos.

Crazy man, just crazy.

- MA

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!