Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 AM  

Spreading lies and stolen signs

I'm starting this thread to bring an issue to the forefront since I'm not getting any responses. Why did Mr. Bose lie to the audience at the ASG debate? What was his logic behind his actions? Thankfully the mayor corrected his false statements in front of the student government, but it was after early voting took place. If we, as students, are supposed to take him seriously when he says he is the better option for us on the council, then why on Earth would he not take us seriously and blatantly lie to us about something as serious as the Sagewood problem?

And on a side note, if you have any idea where the stolen Jude Prather signs ended up, I'd like to know any information you can provide about it.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:01 PM  

please address these allegations because from the story i have the mayor took something out of context to spread as a lie to discredit them. it's no secret the mayor is rooting for prather and porterfield to use as puppets.

the allegations from what i heard were that mr. bose and mrs. robinson said they were not aware of a certain type of task force being created. they were aware of one type but not the other, the other the mayor was not even familiar with. then the mayor took that out a context by saying they claimed there was no task force being considered for sage wood.

please elabrate please i'm not in the know like others.

did you contact the police re: signs? that should be your first stop.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:13 PM  

Norton. Let me refer you to this thread which says quite a bit about Bose and Robertson's misinformation to the students. http://www.78666.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823
Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 PM  

Stay tuned but I have heard from some very reliable sources that the Mayor is sending a letter to the U Star to inform them that she has been mis-quoted

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:26 PM  

On the stolen signs, we did contact the police. It's referenced here...
JUDE PRATHER CAMPAIGN
PRESS ADVISORY

PRATHER FOR CITY COUNCIL FILES POLICE REPORT ON STOLEN SIGNS

On October 21, Joe de la Cerda, campaign treasurer, filed a report with the San Marcos Police Department on more than 75 yard signs stolen the previous week throughout the community. On Friday, dozens of signs were removed from yards in the Craddock Avenue, North LBJ, Holland Street and Ranch Road 12 areas. Dozens of yard signs are also missing from Rio Vista, Sunset Acres, Victory Gardens and Wallace Addition.

"Stolen yard signs are part of every election but this widespread, organized theft across a large chunk of the city is too much. This is the kind of politics that we need to get over. I'm willing to let the people of San Marcos decide this election based on ideas and issues," Jude Prather said.

Reference: SMPD Report No. 07-62993

Brad Rollins
Old 11-03-2007, 05:03 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdescript View Post
Norton. Let me refer you to this thread which says quite a bit about Bose and Robertson's misinformation to the students. http://www.78666.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823
i'm confused. there is already is a task force right now in place but then someone in the audience asked them about another task force, some multi agency task force that bose and robinson said they were not aware of it.

i was not there but that is what i heard. i know someone with jude video taped it so post a youtube of the question and answer. that would really clear the air on who is right or wrong.

also please post mr. bose finance reports. i was going to but all i got faxed to me was the last one which only shows $20 in contributions. please post the previous one or ones.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:26 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
i'm confused. there is already is a task force right now in place but then someone in the audience asked them about another task force, some multi agency task force that bose and robinson said they were not aware of it.

i was not there but that is what i heard. i know someone with jude video taped it so post a youtube of the question and answer. that would really clear the air on who is right or wrong.
It is a little confusing to the casual observer. Our incumbent council members should not be casual observers and did not give out misinformation innocently.

There are two groups commonly called taskforces that are separate but overlapping and lumped together under the Sagewood issue. One is a group of city employees led by Assistant Chief Dvorak charged with considering a range of solutions to Sagewood-like problems including "Marshal" Ken Bell's landlord licensing and inspections regime. (I try to call this body "the working group" to separate it form the other). The multi-agency alcohol taskforce was first advanced by City Manager Dan O'Leary in a SMDR article I wrote. He specifically says the group will employ informants, undercover cops and surveillance, ostensibly, curb underage drinking.

Many people do kind of lump both projects together under the name taskforce but Mr. Bose and Ms. Robertson cannot legitimately claim to be mistaken because Sagewood-related issues had dominated their previous THREE council meetings in the runup to he ASG debate. I'm sure they can't forget the throngs of angry people on all sides who feel the council has failed the city by not solving these problems after years of chitchat.

Here is the SMDR article "City targets Sagewood" on the alcohol taskforce: http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archi...251174608.html

Here is the video 'Gaylord Bose Presents Solutions to Sagewood':

Here is "Marshal" Ken Bell's proposed rental licensing and inspections regime: http://newstreamz.com/wp-content/upl...on-9-18-07.pdf

Here are Jude's thoughts on Sagewood in a guest column written for the University Star: http://newstreamz.com/2007/10/31/mar...d-inspections/
Old 11-03-2007, 05:35 PM  

post up a video of mr bose or mrs. robinson answering the question that the mayor claims they lied about. i'm sure most of the readers here want to see and hear it. it could really help the prather campaign if it's as the mayor claims.

please post up mr. bose's finance reports. sure people would like to see those as well else i will go monday and request them. all i have is the last filing so i assume he got his main contributions in the first filing which my friend didn't have.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:43 PM  

i just went to the campaign office to get the finance reports. I'll scan them tonight and post. I don't know if we recorded that debate but ill check. We tried to record all of them.

-- Also, previously people here talked about Jude kind of losing his cool when a questioner asked a loaded question at this same ASG debate. I'm not saying his reaction was the best but someone said in the forum that a question like that from a random citizen should not have irritated him so much. It was not a random citizen; it was Camille Phillips, who is Gaylord Bose's treasurer. (Throughout this campaign Ms. Phillips has insinuated that there is something amiss in Jude's military record. Last week, he called her and offered copies of all his discharge papers, etc. She has yet to contact me about picking them up.)
Old 11-03-2007, 06:04 PM  

I have no video of the debate because I was just another audience member at the time. Norton, I find it amusing that you feel as if all the people on this forum are so naive to think that Mr. Bose was honestly confused about the question. The question referred to the "Sagewood problem" and asked the candidates their opinion about the "taskforce" thought up to fix the problem. Your response is rather weak if you think that anyone is going to truly believe that ONLY the incumbents were confused by the question. If there's any kind of video of the debate I know nothing of it. But speaking from first hand account of the debate and not "just what I heard from someone who was there," there was nothing confusing about the question. Please try again.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!