Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2007, 07:00 PM  

San Marcos
Things I don't care about as a voter

Some of these things matter and should be looked into and some of them don't matter at all. None of them influence my vote. I am going to vote for the person who has the right ideas to solve my problems and the muscle to get those ideas implemented.

Politicians are, by and large, scummy people. Showing me that one is scummier than the other does not matter. Unless you are telling me that a candidate is lying about what s/he is going to do in office or are telling me that s/he is not capable of getting certain things done, personal attacks are meaningless.

I don't care about meltdowns at debates. I want a passionate representative.

I don't care about stolen signs or illegally placed signs, because I am not in high school and I am not electing a marketing team.

I don't care about voting irregularities. They need to be addressed, but they do not influence my selection of a candidate.

I don't care about Jude's military career, unless it shows that he is or is not capable of solving my problems.

I don't care about Bose's work at the prison, unless it shows that he is or is not capable of solving my problems.

I don't care about Porterfield's job at the university, unless it shows that she is or is not capable of solving my problems.

I don't care who is supported by developers, students, realtors or university employees. That's like 80% of the adult population as far as I can tell. Besides, I want my property values to stop going down, which puts me in bed with the realtors and the developers even while it puts me at odds with the university and some of the students.

More importantly, I'm not likely to have views that are 100% in line with or opposed to any group and I question the thought process of anyone who is 100% in line with or opposed to any particular group.

I just want to hear positions on the freaking issues.

I got some answers from the Prather campaign on jobs, but many of the questions are still unanswered, as are the questions on the Sagewood issue (and the larger issue of renters and their neighbors) and the questions on long-term comitment to the city.

None of the other candidates have chimed in at all. Maybe they are here. Maybe they aren't. I refuse to reinforce the behavior that has taken over politics any longer, though. I am not going to participate in any more of the ridiculous discussions on here. I'm just looking for positions on issues.

I thought it would be cool to have some of the candidates represented here and that it would be good for Kau's board. It appears that I was mistaken.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:15 PM  

Very good post, semi-native. It is easy for us who are passionate about it to get caught up in the details. It's not in Jude's interest for us to do so because the FACTS ON THE GROUND are on our side. Brad

I started a thread on issues starting with the neglect of basic infrastructure in the context of a budget that has grown wildly during Mr. Bose's term. This particular mailer focuses on east of Interstate 35 and other areas with large pockets of poverty and dismal public works. But our streets, sidewalks and drainage are messed up all over town and there is work to do all over. http://www.78666.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!