Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2008, 11:45 PM  

Town Hall Meeting Feb. 25 at 6PM

Just a reminder that the Town Hall Meeting called by County Judge Liz Sumter is Monday, Feb. 25 at 6PM at the San Marcos Activity Center. Kyle and Buda have put it to her and even asked for her to resign... Let's join them by demanding answers. And I will not except the "I was confused" or "Didn't understand" or just making up excuses to avoid voting on controversial issues. Make sure you are there to voice your opinion!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:41 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen View Post
And I will not except the "I was confused" or "Didn't understand" or just making up excuses to avoid voting on controversial issues.
Do you mean this? From Hays Highways

"Sumter bowed out of the debate concerning $1.6 million for football fields to fund infrastructure for football fields at the Village in San Marcos, a complex of social service agencies at Reimer Avenue and Hunter Road. Sumter cited her participation on a social services board with an interest in the Village,"

Texas Law requires officials to recuse themselves from votes where a conflict of interest might occur. I prefer the safe rather than sorry approach.

As far as the Buda meeting it sounds like a lone council member was the controversy, if the accounts on News Streams and Hays Highway are accurate.

Thanks for making me read some commissioners court news to find out what you were posting about. Sounds like Connelly and Barton don't trust the voters. Sounds like Sumter is the only one on commissioners court that believes the voters should have a say in how their money is spent. http://www.hayshighway.com/county-roads-021308.html
By the way, I'm not an anti-road nut. I voted for the road bonds

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!