Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2008, 06:44 AM  

Texas State is Division I in everything but football. Just like UConn and Georgetown were until recently. Both Basketball teams have been to the NCAA tournament and the baseball team came in second in the regional in 1997 (one team away from a trip to the College World Series). The baseball team beats a couple of national ranked opponnets every year, but doesn't really get enough recognition. If you look at the big universities in Texas, most have a better baseball team than football team including UT.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 AM  

San Marcos
I knew that.

I remember the basketball team making it to tournament in 97 or 98 or something. I guess I'm just losing touch. I need to re-engage with the university before I forget everything.

;-)

Old 02-21-2008, 10:55 AM  

97. That was back when Scott Linbrink was palying here. Berkman knocked us out. They've made it too regionals once or twice since. The Southland is a tough baseball conference seems like every team beats at least one Big 12 or SEC team, every year.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 PM  

The Baseball Team beat a Big 10 team (Illinois) yesterday.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.