Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 PM  

What happened to 78666?

What happened to this site? It used to be a huge bustling community with lots of interaction. There was a main page that had all kinds of local events going on in town. It also announced upcoming events, live music, all kinds of awesome stuff....

When will we get all that back, if ever? I really want to see this site grow to what it once was!

Thanks!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:20 PM  

shadow of former self

I joined this site when it had alot more to offer. Even won a t-shirt in a contest. I surfed links on haunted places in and around town (including the old Fisher Hall [aka, Soldier's and Sailors' Memorial Hospital or pi kappa alpha house] that was just destroyed by arsonists this week), and saw pictures people had taken around San Marcos. I, too, miss the old site and would like to see it built back up.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:40 PM  

I just recently stumbled across this site and I think it's a fantastic idea. I am a college student and don't know much about the town or what neat offerings it has and this site really helps.

On all of the successful forums that I have seen there is a dynamic community built slowly by a group of Moderators that can steer discussions and create a community feel, in the couple of times I have come here since first discovering the site I haven't really seen a mod presence or really any debating or good ideas being tossed around. How many active users are even on this site?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:48 PM  
A2

I'm a modest mod, and not really big on making my presence felt.

If you stick around I think that you'll find this forum has some really slow times, and then burst of activity.

A2
Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 PM  

Yay! Please bring back the old format soon.

I miss the haunted places section, and the photos of places around town.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:36 PM  

old site

oh good I was wondering bout the old website. I loved it and was hoping to show a friend who's comin to visit, pics of the area as well as the other features on the site. Hope to see somethin similar : )
Old 06-30-2007, 11:57 PM  

Hey just joined in and wish the crickets weren't chirping here

Hey all,
I keep trying to get some feedback on whether there is interest in turning Gordo's on the square back into a movie a theater. It seems like it's wasting space there and a cool retro art house movie spot with beer would be a tasty hit in town. Any thoughts?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:42 PM  

That would be great
Old 09-17-2007, 04:01 PM  

Who ever sprearheads that effort will make a mint. An establishment like the Alamo Drafthouse would go over SO well with our population....Please lets do this...and we have some wicked mural artists in town.....oh yes. I can actually see this happening.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:51 AM  
A2

An Alamo Draft house has been in the master plan for the Five Mile Dam Project for a couple of years now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!