Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2004, 06:05 PM  

What is san marcos really like??????

My husband son and i are moving to San Marcos On the first of march. Was wondering what life is like there. We are moving from san diego California. We are still a young couple so are there many fun partys or bars to go to? Thanks Heidi

Old 02-21-2004, 04:04 AM  
A2

there are tons of parties every night. mainly college kids

There are tons of bars, of all flavors.

The river is the key to this city.
Hang out there and you'll meet, and see, everything.

I was on my way, to move, to San Diego, when I stopped here for a two week visit and that was 7 years ago.

This town rules the third coast.

A2

Old 02-28-2004, 05:40 AM  

I'd have to agree w/ the above poster, SM provides plenty of excitement. The location allows for easy access to the state capital, where the fun seems to never stop.

SM has tons of places to shop at the outlet malls, restraunts to eat, and places to go. For its size i believe that SM ranks above other cities of stature.

Can't go wrong, and once the new high school is completed this city will be well ahead into the new years.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:43 AM  

oh yah i must add... i moved here when i was 7 and now i'm 19. My parents needed to move north due to my allergies flaring up too much in the south. My parents took a week up here and loved the city. In those times that i have been living in SM, this town has continually seen growth, it is awesome.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:12 PM  

SM is the greeatest!

I love this town! I lived here when I was younger and had to move away to Ohio but I came back for college and I want to stay in the area even after I graduate.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:20 AM  
Big Band Host

I love San Marcos - lots to do and a wonderful river to lay beside, yet close enough to the city - The near-by towns, like Wimberley can also make it a terrific place to live. Only one caution - allergies are among some of the worst here.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:02 PM  

Texas state is also becoming a well known college, offering top notch engineering, business, education, and geography, the college helps boost the city economically.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:05 AM  
A2

oh yeah...

That's the same college that just got a donation of 20 million dollars to build, yet another, new school of buisiness building.....

But when it come to the underwater submarine theater, they decided that "that don't have the funds to to keep it from sinking to the bottom of Spring Lake...So the best course of action for Texas State University,,,is to do NOTHING...."..???????

Texas State doesn't give a squirt of piss about this town, or the lake/river.......
Where was the university at the River Clean UP???
Where was the university for the Water Safari
Where was the university when they quit the chiliympiad?
Where was the university when they quit the just for fun parade....

I'll tell ya where......

Handin' out parking tickets and counting their money....

**** YOU TEXAS STATE.........
Old 03-06-2004, 09:13 AM  

texas state is involved in many community involvement programs.
http://www.mrp.txstate.edu/community/community.html

pack it up...pass it on 2004, provides students of txstate to donate unwanted items to donate.

Bobcat build also allows for students each year to take part in civic activities around the community.

https://www.studentaffairs.swt.edu/svc/

The student volunteer website also displays an event calendar, w/ activies including but not limited to helpin kids, adults, the disabled, and so on so forth.

So just because they do not compete publicly winning awards, or building the fastest canoe, that should not discredit them from doing their services to the community privately.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:34 PM  
A2

please

Give me a break.....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads