Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2008, 04:14 PM  

San Marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by toerontoe View Post
"We" aren't trying to get back to the past
I didn't say that "we" were trying to get back. I merely asked how "we" could get back, because it seemed that "we" were fond of talking about how awesome everything was back then.

Or, perhaps I misunderstood what "we" meant, when "we" said:

"Does anyone out there remember those halcyon days of yesteryear when San Marcos was in it's prime"

Wait, which one am I again?

Old 09-18-2008, 09:49 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toerontoe View Post
Point is, this is another thing the damn hippies were right about so long ago.
(Just to tie this back into the thread.)
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DG1UPIHBB1.DTL
Come on you stole those ideas from a bunch of Sci Fi nerds.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:43 PM  

more memories

I smiled through most of this thread. So many happy memories of the early 70's. I spent alot of time along the rivers but only as a visitor, I was living on lake Austin in the Riverhills Rd Bar and Pier area. Alot of parties in SM the rivierhills area and Paleface park up on Travis. Living out east now and wishing I was back in TEXAS.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:31 PM  
Unregistered

Dr. Tim Leary

I heard Tim Leary spoke at SWT a number of times in the seventies. Any of you old hippies know about that? Is it true he did acid with Leon Jaworski at the Jaworski ranch in Wimberley and partied in San Marcos frequently? I think you guys aren't telling us all the good stuff.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 PM  

1975 there was a cave near the san marcos military academy that we used to smoke out in. Jackson Hall's windows were still operational and it was fun gettin stoned and throwing firecrackers out the 8th floor window at some poor student that had just walked up hill from old main in the 100 degree heat. Happy Trails was a great head shop. Fools rocked the Too Bitter, and Bugs Henderson was great at the Cheatem Street Warehouse. The best thing about the whole area was jumpin in to the San Marcos River at 12 midnight just below Spring Lake. There was a rope swing on that big tree near the spillway, and a underwater playground! Mushrooms were great!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:28 PM  

mosscliff reference

I worked at mosscliff in1977/78, and lived in the upstairs of a house on the corner of hutchison and ?. It was a really fun time...and I loved the location and ambiance of the restaurant.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:07 AM  

70's

I actually worked at Mosscliff. Worked summers when I was in high school and then after I graduated for a bit. It was an awesome and unusual place to work. For the most part I have very fond memories. I agree, those were the best of times..............we could all live inexpensively and the river was everyone's meeting place. Somehow we all found each other despite not having a GPS, Facebook or even a cell phone. Back then we had real conversations.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!