Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2006, 03:45 PM  
atxanne

Zone Apartment Management beyond unethical

Ok... I live here at the Zone Apartment complex and let me tell you, this new management is horrible. Not only are they being down right deceitful in their business practices, but they are also purposefully manipulating the younger college prospects into signing leases without letting go of important information like... what floor will they be on?

They are trying every way possible to con more money out of the tenants that already live there. And none of the apartment locators in town are advising people to live there. Blacklisted!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:05 PM  

I agree, I also live at the Zone and the new management is horrible and like you said very deceitful. I only hope they aren't around to run the Zone much longer. Does anyone know how long a management team stays at a particular complex? I've only lived at the Zone for 4 months and was just hoping that they don't stay around for too long.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:55 AM  
Walker

Zone's New Mngt

I completely agree and not only is the new management treating new and old tenants with disregard they even did a clean house of some of the old Zone employees. One of my best friends was a loyal maintainance guy for the Zone for over a year and when the new management came in they laid him off and his boss.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:26 PM  
AptGuy

The Zone

I am in the biz and know all about what is going on at the Zone. It is not the management, but the owners who are the ones at fault here. It has always been like this since the new owner (Melrose Zone II LTD.) bought the place from Fairfield Properties LLC back in 2002. Since then, there have been NUMEROUS management companies. It is the same story every time. The old one leaves because the owners don't pay the bills, and the new one comes in and scrambles to regain control of the situation. Then, the new management company leaves after figuring out that the owners suck and round and round we go. My advice, don't blame the management company, they are just taking orders from the owners. Don't live here. Go find a good apt locator (try Great Locations) They helped me.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:30 AM  

why did you need great locations to help if you're in the biz?

......hmm :?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:54 PM  
AptGuy

I work at an apt. complex. I don't know everything about all the complexes. I just know about this one because my friend worked there during the transition. Great Locations works with all the apt complexes, so I went there to explore all my options when I moved. hmmmmmm....
Old 01-24-2006, 01:34 PM  
G-Garn

Apartment Wars

I have been a big fan of apartments ever since I can remember. Back in the 90's I used to dream of one day of having a friend who had an apartment, not me personally. Then my dream came true and my friend acquired on magical apartment. It sounds glorious doesn't it? Keep the dream alive and remember the Alamo :shock:
Old 02-09-2006, 04:20 PM  

well...

you gotta give it to the zone though, the fishing in the pond...i mean pool...is great. who doesnt want a big pond instead of a pool anyways? at least they fixed the gate already right...right?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:39 PM  

AptGuy says "It is not the management, but the owners who are the ones at fault here. It has always been like this since the new owner (Melrose Zone II LTD.) bought the place from Fairfield Properties LLC back in 2002. Since then, there have been NUMEROUS management companies."

I don't know about previous management but I can tell you about the current management. Capstone manages several complexes in town quite well. It seems that the Property Manager of The Zone along with her newly hired staff is the problem. Extorting their tenants is not a way to pay the bills. They have fined tenants for having recycle bins on their porches. The pool, which wasn't built properly in the first place, is needing to be completely redone. So they partially drain it and lock the area gates. Now the City's Environmental Health Department is investigating the numerous mosquito eggs and other larva growing in the water.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:34 AM  

New Manager

Well Candy Jo is gone. The manager that was causing this apartment complex to be "black-boxed" was let go last week. And so, leasing agents rejoice! Apartment Locators will now be paid! Let the leasing begin.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!