Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 11:52 AM  

WA
I've only been to Rocky Top in Olympia and Beer Essentials in Lakewood. Beer Essentials is like costco compared to Rocky Top, but the folks at Rocky Top are way friendlier and helpful. I agree with the above post regarding equipment being expensive at Beer Essentials as well.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM  

Seattle, WA
The Beer Essentials is where I used to go. There's one guy who is more of a wine guy, and he's not very helpful. The beer guy is very helpful though, and helped me revise a recipe I had when I was a new brewer.

In Seattle, I usually go to Cellar Home Brew. I've tried Bob's, but they have a poor selection and have been out of stuff I've needed.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:50 PM  

I shop at Mountain cause it's closest. I agree their prices could be better. One of the things that eases the burn a little bit is that they give you $10 back every time you spend $100, so you can kinda think of it as their prices being 10% lower than stated.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:40 PM  

seattle, washington
Having been to a few around the Seattle area, Larry's in Kent is my favorite for selection and price. First off it is the biggest and you can't go wrong with a place that sells its own Liquid Malt Extract. I know its a little out of the Seattle area but always can get what I need.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:52 PM  

Lynnwood, WA
I went to The Cellar today, I bought my first batch there in 1994.
My dad got his wine making stuff there back in the day.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:50 PM  

WA
Cellar Homebrew is a good store - "grain discount card" is available which is great for all grain brewers. You pre-load it with $50 but for that you get a decent discount (I think it was 15% but it may have been 20...)
Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM  

Stanwood, WA
Fortunately I live near enough to Homebrew Heaven that it's my regular HBS place. I'm interested in hearing what folks say about other suppliers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!