Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 PM  
Junior Member

Juneau, Alaska
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11 | Kudos: +11
Got a long layover? Get out of seatac on the light rail

Seattle's new light rail service can be used to get you from seatac to downtown seattle for around $10. Make sure you have at least a 3hr layover as it took me about 45 minutes each way. Beats the heck out of waiting around at seatac forever though.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 PM  
Senior Member

Sammamish, WA
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 386 | Kudos: +26
Images: 5
And it will take even longer if it crashes into a car or bus in the Rainier Valley area again.

I'm not sure I'm ready to try it until they get the bugs out of the crossings. So far nine crashes in the first year of service.

I'm glad you made it safely.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:10 AM  
Junior Member

Seattle, Washington
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnish View Post
Seattle's new light rail service can be used to get you from seatac to downtown seattle for around $10. Make sure you have at least a 3hr layover as it took me about 45 minutes each way. Beats the heck out of waiting around at seatac forever though.
45 Minutes each way? You must be kidding right.. I live in the North End (a few blocks from the city limit) and I can drive there and back faster then that during rush hour, and not break the speed limit doing so.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:16 PM  
Junior Member

Juneau, Alaska
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11 | Kudos: +11
You offering rides then? Awesome!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:39 PM  
Senior Member

Sammamish, WA
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 386 | Kudos: +26
Images: 5
I think the idea is that if you can walk to the station, you don't have to pay to park at the airport. I work on the waterfront and can get there on 99 in about 15 minutes, speed is not a selling point. With the Mayor's new proposal to raise the parking tax from 10% to 12% you are better off parking at the airport than in Seattle.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:06 PM  
Junior Member

Seattle, Washington
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14 | Kudos: +10
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
And it will take even longer if it crashes into a car or bus in the Rainier Valley area again.

I'm not sure I'm ready to try it until they get the bugs out of the crossings. So far nine crashes in the first year of service.

I'm glad you made it safely.
Well one of the "bugs" as I remember was an idiot turning left in front of a train when there wasn't even a left to turn to.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:45 PM  
Senior Member

Sammamish, WA
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 386 | Kudos: +26
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by electromage View Post
Well one of the "bugs" as I remember was an idiot turning left in front of a train when there wasn't even a left to turn to.
Yeh, we get al ot of near misses with cars and pedestrians down on the waterfront too. People in areas where the light rail runs haven't gotten used to it yet.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 PM  
Junior Member

Edmonds, Washington
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7 | Kudos: +10
I have seen it going by from time to time and I always think, "Man those breaks are squeaky! They should let me take a crack at them!" :-)

McBrando
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:40 PM  
Junior Member

Seattle, Washington
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2 | Kudos: +10
The metro buses do the exact same route for less money, and less time (unless there's a TON of traffic).
But I guess they're not as fun.. =\
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 PM  
Junior Member

Rat City, WA
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
45 Minutes each way? You must be kidding right.. I live in the North End (a few blocks from the city limit) and I can drive there and back faster then that during rush hour, and not break the speed limit doing so.
cheaper than renting a car or taking a cab!!!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.