Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 04:59 PM  

Help me find a decent Chinese buffet!

I moved to Seattle about 3 years ago from Kansas City and one of the things I really miss, though I am ashamed to admit it, is a good Chinese buffet! These were on every corner in Kansas City and most of them were pretty good. It doesn't seem to be as popular here in Seattle and I am wondering if anyone has one they really like. So far our favorite is in Olympia and that's just too far to drive for lunch

Old 12-28-2010, 09:31 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
the closest thing to a Chinese buffet I know is Chang's Mongolian Grill.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:32 PM  

King Buffet in Tacoma isn't to bad. And while I am big fan of quanity over quality. Chinese buffet and good usually don't go together.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:18 PM  

seattle, washington
Not sure about buffet style but Hongs Garden in Renton is my fav spot for Chinese food.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 PM  

seattle, wa
this super china buffet in shoreline is my favorite i've found

Super China Buffet - Shoreline, WA

of course i've only found that one and the super buffet in northgate

Super Buffet - Northgate - Seattle, WA

the northgate one has some weird food like fried octopuss and frog legs. frog legs are actually pretty good though taste like chicken haha

i like the shoreline one better though.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
I like to go to this nice little unknown joint. It's really hard to find and it may be in other areas but the one I would go to was in Lake City. I guess it's a buffet but I would say it's more like a resturant. It's called Panda Express. If you ever get the chance you should check it out.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:52 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnieda View Post
I moved to Seattle about 3 years ago from Kansas City and one of the things I really miss, though I am ashamed to admit it, is a good Chinese buffet! These were on every corner in Kansas City and most of them were pretty good. It doesn't seem to be as popular here in Seattle and I am wondering if anyone has one they really like. So far our favorite is in Olympia and that's just too far to drive for lunch
I will second the Super China Buffet in Shoreline, it is the best Chinese Buffet I have ever found and the menu is not static, so each time you go you will find something new, or something that has not been served for a while.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:59 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa View Post
I like to go to this nice little unknown joint. It's really hard to find and it may be in other areas but the one I would go to was in Lake City. I guess it's a buffet but I would say it's more like a resturant. It's called Panda Express. If you ever get the chance you should check it out.

Panda Express is not bad for what it is, but it is NOT a Buffet in my view, there is one in Northgate Food Court, one near the WalMart at 164th off I-5, on 99 just north of Airport Way in South Everett. I do eat there and like most of their food.

For real good Chinese Seafood go to T & T Seafood on 99 next to the 99 Ranch Market. It is not all Seafood, but it is the main draw and you will find more Chinese eating there any day of the week then all other Nationality's Combined
Old 01-16-2011, 12:14 AM  

Buckley, WA
Well it's kind of a buffet, Imperial Gardens in Kent. Great dim sum and just about any other Chinese dish. The problem for me is I can't read the menu, it all in Chinese. Plus I eat too much, hard to pass up the fresh char-siu bao, even if it is the third time they've brought the cart around.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM  

Tacoma, WA
There is a place just off Grady Way in Renton, Pan Asian Buffet for something to that effect. It has a pretty good selection of Chinese food including some seafood.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!