Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 AM  

Kittitas, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneight View Post
as said before, there are tons of places, justa couple of unmentioned places, the capital forest, cle elum, kititas, just to name a few

Cle Elum and Kittitas have very little if anything to offer in the way of legal 4wheeling/off roading.

Pretty much everything has been shut down so as to build "resorts" or houses or just to lock up the land for "future" use.

I grew up in Cle Elum and now live in Kittitas. I have to haul my toys away from Cle Elum or Kittitas to legally 4Wheel.

West of Ellensburg which is also South of Cle Elum is the Taneum/Manastash area. That's a fun area to 4Wheel but it takes time to get to it unlike back in the day when I rode my dirt bikes and quads to Cle Elum high school.

Liberty is East of Cle Elum and North of Ellensburg and that area is a blast to 4Wheel... but you better know where you are going, how to get back, PLUS have a decent vehicle.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 PM  

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoclimber View Post
I want to move to the Seattle area in a couple years. Primarily for a change of scenery, N Cascades, Olympic Penninsula, BC, etc. One thing I dont know much about though is the 4x4 trails. Is there some decent stuff not too far from Seattle, or is it mostly logging roads? Coming from Colorado.

Also, how about off grid camping? Prefer not to camp in campgrounds. I know the backpacking options in Washington are limitless, just not t0o familiar with the car camping. Camped once up at Baker Lake which was nice.
The trails are great! and the camping opportunities are assume, come explore>

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!