Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 02:49 AM  

Pauma Valley, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBXJ View Post
I've been here 20 years now, arrived 10-30-1990 took me three months to see what mountain everybody was talkin' about! Love the weather now.
I grew up in Seattle, lived there for 39 years before leaving for Southern California. Bear in mind the Seattle's average annual rainfall is a paltry 26 inches on average.

I lived in three other states between Washington and California. The first was Birmingham, Alabama - average rainfall 56 inches. Boy when it rains there, its a deluge. Then Pensacola, Florida, more rain than Seattle, a little less than Birmingham, but ooooo the humidity! Lastly, I lived near Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Not so much rain, as a TON OF SNOW.

I would take the weather in Seattle any day over those three places, now San Diego? That's a horse of a different color

Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
It's not the rain it's the overcast skies that get me. All my life until I moved to Washington I have lived in warm/hot sunny climates and I really feel the effect of lack of sunshine. One day I'll move somewhere that's warm and sunny again.
Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful here and the summer can't be beat, when it finally arrives, but right now when the sun sets at 4 and the skies have been cloudy all day....I get real bummed.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 PM  
most definitely a nobody

Tacoma-ish, Washington
another tip for ya'll

How to predict weather in Seattle:

If you can see Mt Ranier, it’s going to rain.

If you can't, it already is.

Hoss
Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 AM  

Seattle, WA
Rain here in Seattle isn't as bad as everyone claims. It is grey a lot of the time though.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 AM  

WA
I think the rain is worse on the coast more so than Seattle. Mostly because you add the coastal winds!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:11 PM  

Seattle, WA
I work in downtown Seattle, and it's kind of funny when the tourists start to arrive in mid June. It's summer break for a lot of people by then, so they think 'It can't be rainy now, it's summer!'. They look miserable. It isn't reliably nice here until July 5th. But from July through late October, it's usually pretty nice, mid july through Mid September being awesome. There's really no other place I'm like to live during the summer. During the rest of the time, there are several places I'd rather be ;-)
Old 12-30-2010, 09:43 PM  

Rain is part of Seattle's charm...get some GORE-TEX! =)
Old 01-16-2011, 12:07 AM  

Buckley, WA
My doctor told me I had a vitamin D deficiency, he told me to get out in the sun more. I said your kidding right? What sun?
Old 01-18-2011, 04:24 PM  

Tacoma, WA
I think they have special lamps for that.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 AM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBXJ View Post
My doctor told me I had a vitamin D deficiency, he told me to get out in the sun more. I said your kidding right? What sun?
I moved from Puyallup to the Yakima area to get the sun because I get S.A.D.
I feel much better now!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads