Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2011, 04:14 PM  

we breathe rain here in Seattle

Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM  

farmington, New Mexico
lived there for almost a year now live in new mexico and man i want to go back to mill creek i love it up there love the rain

Old 01-26-2011, 03:17 PM  

Olympia, WA
I heard there is more inches of rain in NY. Not as often as Seattle but heavier?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM  
cwg

Yep. Seattle is not high rain volume, it just lacks full sunlight days compared to other US cities, except Portland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Englishman View Post
I heard there is more inches of rain in NY. Not as often as Seattle but heavier?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:38 AM  

I think rainfall - precipitation varies depending on your location ... some areas of W. Washington use to average over 200 inches in a year, now may only average around 150 inches ... while others less than 40 miles away may now only average less than 20 inches yearly ... .. i think overall rainfall may have actually decreased .... weather data reports only go back so far .... reported rainfall (metering) is usually only for one specific area .. use to be weather potentially may have had significant differences only between 5 - 10 miles .... still may hold true today as weather patterns keep changing ...
Old 01-31-2011, 02:34 PM  

Yup! It do get wet... enjoy.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 PM  

after 15 years, i think i'm now burnt out on the crummy weather here, i'm ready to move back to the desert and see the sun, wife says no though
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 AM  

Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa View Post
It's not the rain it's the overcast skies that get me. All my life until I moved to Washington I have lived in warm/hot sunny climates and I really feel the effect of lack of sunshine. One day I'll move somewhere that's warm and sunny again.
Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful here and the summer can't be beat, when it finally arrives, but right now when the sun sets at 4 and the skies have been cloudy all day....I get real bummed.

Everything that gets you bummed, makes me want to move
back. I grew up in Maple Valley, and miss it so much. I've
already had to use the A/C here, and it still February! It
sucks when it's raining, and 85* outside.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.