Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 AM  

Texas
In Seattle for one night, what should I do?

I'm going to be in Seattle for the first time for one day and one night in early January. I'll be staying downtown, and I'll be busy for part of the day (but not all of it). What should I do/see and where should I eat/drink?

Old 12-02-2010, 05:16 PM  

Seattle, WA
If you're downtown and like beer I suggest hitting the Pike brewery at the market for a pint and if you're looking for a variety of beers the Tap House Grill has 160+ on tap from around the world.

If you're up for a little walk you can also hit Elysian Brewing and Pyramid Brewing

Old 12-02-2010, 07:32 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjvicker View Post
If you're downtown and like beer I suggest hitting the Pike brewery at the market for a pint and if you're looking for a variety of beers the Tap House Grill has 160+ on tap from around the world.

If you're up for a little walk you can also hit Elysian Brewing and Pyramid Brewing
Now what made you think he was looking for beer?

Just a few places, a ride up to the top of the Space Needle, Maritime Museum at Pier 66, EMP

Experience Music Project|Science Fiction Museum
Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
What are your interest and how adventures are you?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:57 AM  

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa View Post
What are your interest and how adventures are you?
I'm pretty eclectic, but I'm not sure that I'll have tons of time to spare. I'm very adventurous, but I'll be on work travel with colleagues so I might be a little limited there. What did you have in mind?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:57 AM  

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjvicker View Post

Great suggestions! Thanks.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:40 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDarwin View Post
I'm pretty eclectic, but I'm not sure that I'll have tons of time to spare. I'm very adventurous, but I'll be on work travel with colleagues so I might be a little limited there. What did you have in mind?
If you're going to be downtown, here are a few things within walking distance.
I won’t give the obvious tourist destinations but here are a few.
If you like live music and you like the dive atmosphere The Crocodile - Seattle - Home
About the closest thing Seattle has that comes to a night life area is either Belltown (more upscale party goers) on the north end of 1st Ave and Pioneer square (more average party goers) on the south end of 1st Ave.
The museum is on 1st and University

If you have a little time and can take a taxi or bus (although I can't give you any routes) check out Freemont. There is a statue of Lenin, an old Russian rocket attached to a building and it's good for nightlife also. You could also check out the Freemont troll that is under the Aurora Bridge.
If you have even more time you can go check out the Ballard locks that is just down the way from Freemont in Ballard. http://www.seattle.gov/tour/locks.htm
If these aren't what you're looking for let me know. I'll think of more.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:16 AM  

Seattle, Washington
Pick up a copy of the free publication "The Stranger" for event listings.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:07 PM  

Olympia, WA
Id say stay at four seasons or the monaco and walk around pion eer square and stumble back to the hotel. Lol
Old 12-11-2010, 05:45 PM  

Woodinville, WA
China Town is fun for some Dim Sum. A stroll down Broadway is allways a treat. Must stop at Dick's if you do some drinking.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!