Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 02:59 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Things to do in Seattle in winter.

When the weather turns cold(er) and wet(ter), it's easy to feel a bit depressed, but I always start thinking about the fun Seattle has to offer.

There is an array of free activities, such as Winterfest at the Seattle Center, watching or following (if you have a boat) the Argosy Christmas Ships, the Westlake Center tree lighting and fireworks, and cruising around looking at people's impressive private light displays.

If you've got money to spend there's the International Auto Show, and Pacific Northwest Ballet's Nutcracker.

So, what are some other fun things that you like to do? Preferably free or cheap

Old 10-08-2010, 08:35 PM  

Sammamish, WA
There are some good hiking trails that stay passable in winter, just a few mud puddles to go around, like near us at Soaring Eagle, and down in Redmond at the watershed preserve on Novelty Hill. There's skiing within 45 minutes drive,
and it's a good time to go to the Museum of Flight. Also the Seattle Art Museum, which now has a Picasso exhibit. Probably what I do most though, is watch football on TV in front of the fireplace.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM  

seattle, wa
here's a fun thing to do

wait until there's a big snow and the city decides not to plow and sand the roads.

then at night hop in a jeep and enjoy sliding around corners and having all of the city streets to yourself
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3nj4m1n View Post
here's a fun thing to do

wait until there's a big snow and the city decides not to plow and sand the roads.

then at night hop in a jeep and enjoy sliding around corners and having all of the city streets to yourself
Did that a couple of years ago, on the Eastside hills. ended up going down a hill sideways in my wife's Liberty and had to chain up to get back to the top.

I hear they will be salting in Seattle this winter.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 PM  

Graham, Washington
Hunting keeps me busy at that time of year.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:51 PM  
most definitely a nobody

Tacoma-ish, Washington
pick up a bag of fresh, warm powdered sugar mini donuts at Pikes Place Daily Dozen, and eat the whole bag (before they stop steaming....)

MMMMMMM, donuts!

and snowshoeing, followed by Fondue...

MMMMMMM, cheese!

Hoss
Old 10-14-2010, 08:55 PM  

Richmond, British Columbia
The museum of flight is amazing it is well worth going to visit. Also I had the donuts from pikes place and they are delicious. I'm up in Richmond BC but plan on going to the Boeing plant this winter it looks very interesting to.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM  

Lake Stevens, WA
I'm from Texas but live here now and I can't wait for the snow since I love snowboarding. Down in TX when winter hits theres nothing to do outside really. There was really no snow to play in and if it did snow its too flat to do anything. I love the NW and I hope I can stay here for the rest of my life.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM  

Edmonds, Washington
Things in Snow

One thing that I love to do is take my dog to the dog park especially when it is covered in snow. She loves playing in the snow and only the truly committed dog owners are there so it is quite a good time!

McBrando
Old 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM  
orj

Tacoma, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jv89xj View Post
I'm from Texas but live here now and I can't wait for the snow since I love snowboarding. Down in TX when winter hits theres nothing to do outside really. There was really no snow to play in and if it did snow its too flat to do anything. I love the NW and I hope I can stay here for the rest of my life.
Winter can be pretty dreary around here. If you like to snowboard you're in luck though. To keep yourself pepped up in the winter just remember: If it's raining down here that means it's snowing up there! Head to the mountains!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads