Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Shopping / Consumer Products
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2014, 03:13 PM  

Coleman C12L420 Step Ladder w/Tool Tray

When my Coleman step ladder fell over and the tool tray broke I found that the Coleman name was being used by a licensee. A licensee that wouldn't stand behind the ladder and by its own words doesn't even carry the tool tray as a spare part.

Quote:
A customer's first point of action is to return the product to the storefrom where it was purchased as we are not a retailer, but a supplier.

While we stand behind our products for manufacturing defects, our products
are not warranted for miss use(sic). If a glass cup falls off the table and
breaks, it is not covered by a manufacturer warranty. This is a similar
case. Some of our products such as stainless steel bottles are made for
hard impacts and rough handling, but not all of our items are made that way.

Sincerely;

Customer Service Department
Pat Bruggeman
Allied Imex, Inc.
310-538-1964 X 202
pat@alliedimex.com
I emailed the Coleman Company and received this response;
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Coleman. I would be more than happy to assist you today.
I apologize for the inconvenience. We do not manufacture these products. We would not offer parts for these products. They are manufactured and distributed by a different company and we are in a licensing agreement with them to put our name on their product.

For information on Vacuum Bottles, Jugs, Folding Stools, Folding Trolleys, Folding Tables, Plasticware, Blankets and Umbrellas, please contact:

Allied Imex Corp.
1530 W El Segundo Blvd.
Gardena , CA, 90249
http://www.colemanliving.com
Toll Free: 1-888-649-1153

Allied Imex Corp. manufactures those products under license of Coleman and handles repair parts and warranties on those items.

If you need further information, please visit us online at http://www.coleman.com.

Thank you,
Katherine
Since my ladder was a gift I think purchased in Pigeon Forge, TN I can't return it to the store of purchase even though a broken tool tray is probably a safety hazard since I grasp it when mounting the ladder. I guess I'll just avoid Coleman products if I have a choice.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:37 PM  

Sammamish, WA
I feel your pain, because a lot of companies do this now and their licensees are ruining their formerly good name. I my case it was a Westinghouse TV made by, as it turned out, a licensee in California that has them made in China. It took me 4 months to get a warranty refund and if you look at the facebook page below you will see that I was one of many. Pity that Coleman is going down that road too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/466560093396658/

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Shopping / Consumer Products
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads