Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Shopping / Consumer Products
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
dislike jc penney

No one I know (at least, anyone over the age of 30) likes the revamped JC Penney. The store changed its advertising and selling models in late 2011.
The clothing has odd colors and shapes that look good on no one. The sales catalogs that are sent in the mail or included with the Sunday newspapers are unattractively designed, even hard on the eyes. The old huge JC Penney catalogs that you got for the fall and winter, spring and summer, and for Christmas are long gone.
I have read numerous times that the chain is really struggling. It's not because of the economy, but rather because of its pricing and its merchandise.
I used to love JC Penney clothing but haven't bought anything there for more than a year now.

P.S. I realize that huge catalogs are passe', that they are environmentally unfriendly and you can buy all the merchandise online now, but I still miss paging through them.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
I love them.

They are the one store I can go into and shop for tee shirts, polo's, jeans and dress pants. They have sizes to hit my Fluffy butt and my fluffy belly. I don't see the use in a catalog anymore shoot I don't see the need to news paper or news paper adds. All the news I could ever want to read is on line for FREE. I would rater get adverts in my email than in my mail.

None of my cloths are odd color or shape. I dunno. I like them and give them an A+....

Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Ill take Pennys over walmart anyday of the week.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I like Penneys, but they are struggling financially. They may not survive much longer.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 AM  

Jcpenny is a good store for working families, they offer a wide variety clothing and household items. We had are family portrait taken there a few times now.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
comments at nbcnews

NBC News had an article about JC Penney on April 9. This is a link to the comments (including mine).
http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/...1339-c75416367

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Shopping / Consumer Products
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.