Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Shopping / Consumer Products
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2017, 06:51 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
grocery baggers

Why do grocery store baggers do the following?
1. Put one or two items in each plastic bag so that I come with 10 bags with plenty of room in them.
2. If I bring two canvas bags, the cashier will attempt to stuff all of groceries in one bag and leave the other empty.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:43 PM  
Administrator

WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
Why do grocery store baggers do the following?
1. Put one or two items in each plastic bag so that I come with 10 bags with plenty of room in them.
The plastic store bags are so dang flimsy that they break with more than a couple of items in them.

Quote:
2. If I bring two canvas bags, the cashier will attempt to stuff all of groceries in one bag and leave the other empty.
Floppy... They are floppy and don't stay open on their own. This makes them hard to pack. The above mentioned store plastic bags sit on a rack to hold them open and upright while filling - canvas bags often don't fit on that rack. Once they are partly full they are easier to stuff than getting a new one started.

I ditched my canvas ones for these reusable plastic bags - they are big - larger than an old school paper grocery sack and hold a lot of weight. They also fold flat and are easy to hose out. They also come in an endless color selection.

grocery baggers-peacebag.jpg

Old 10-01-2017, 04:20 PM  

We call em Grocery Beggars..... Seem's they're always looking or asking for tips....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Shopping / Consumer Products
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.