Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Shopping / Consumer Products
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2016, 11:58 PM  
Traveler

Well even breathing is bad for you, and the waters full of lead. Obama is on his way to get your guns and your incandescent light bulbs too. One should consider wrapping them selves up in shrink wrap and locking up in the closet until help arrives, which since the government enforces death panels, I wouldn't worry about a breather hole in the shrink wrap.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:19 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
But they are not as bright.
Depends on what Kelvin level of brightness you buy. 2700 to 3000 Kelvin brightness is about the same as traditional incandescent 60 watt light bulbs. For kitchen and other work areas 3500 Kelvin brightness is the way to go. For outside lighting requiring extreme brightness go with 4000 to 4500 Kelvin brightness LED's. 4500's would also be good for workshop. Around 4000 Kelvin and above the light is bluish. In my kitchen can lights, I put LED conversions into them and use 3500 Kelvin brightness LED's. Light is so much better than the 65 watt incandescent can light bulbs I had replaced. I put 4500 Kelvin brightness into the kitchen of a flip house I did a year ago before I knew about Kelvin brightness levels and they were way too bright. Had to put dimmers on them.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:26 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Well even breathing is bad for you, and the waters full of lead. Obama is on his way to get your guns and your incandescent light bulbs too. One should consider wrapping them selves up in shrink wrap and locking up in the closet until help arrives, which since the government enforces death panels, I wouldn't worry about a breather hole in the shrink wrap.
My apologies for striking a nerve, I guess only your rants are valid.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:34 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Oh fock. Really? You're probably one of those that yelled at Mrs Obama to quit telling you what to do when she suggested to a group of school children that eating fruits and vegetables instead of cancer causing agents was good for you! . For the record, you can still buy the older incandescent bulbs, a kerosene lantern and a horse and wagon and even a machine gun or two. Good gawl. Go to Syria. Now there's a government that impinges on your freedoms!
True you can still find incandescent bulbs here in California, but, they are just the inventory that is left from before the ban on incandescent lights here. You can still get halogen light bulbs here and I'm not quite sure if the state here has banned them too. However, I think they may have and it's the same as for the incandescent lights when they run out here you will have to go to Nevada or Oregon to get them. Really don't know why anyone would want incandescent lights anymore because compared to LED's they suck. LEDs were damn expensive when they first come out, but, the price is dropping here since the law went into effect on July 1st 2014, and I figure in about another year they will be fairly close to the price of a old design high quality incandescent.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:37 PM  

America’s Economic Freedom Has Rapidly Declined Under Obama

http://dailysignal.com/2016/01/31/am...jHKM1t0sEQWBHm
Old 02-06-2016, 12:47 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
So the woman here is about to cut my balls off if I don't buy a washing machine that works this weekend. I'm in desperate shape on this one and need some help. I would like to know if anyone with experience with them could tell me about front loader washing machines and it they clean good? Don't care how much I spend as long as it works real good on nasty, dirty cloths.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:59 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
In my opinion, front loaders don't clean as well, Could be because the newer ones don't use enough water to clean.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:46 PM  

With a front loader you can't add a sock you missed. On Amazon reviews some that had the GE top loader that I am bemoaning were saying Speed Queen is better and that many laundromats use them. Big box stores don't seem to carry Speed Queen though.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:55 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
My apologies for striking a nerve, I guess only your rants are valid.
You didn't hit a nerve. Not at all. I was merely musing at your absurdity. Some people complain about things, mostly older folks, others muse about things while others go out and do something about it. A very close and dear friend of mine left the U.S. and moved to New Zealand and hasn't returned in several years. If I could move there, I would. I love the landscape there! (you're probably wondering what the hell that has to do with rants and muses? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Just setting up for a scene change in this comedy. )
Old 02-06-2016, 05:57 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
True you can still find incandescent bulbs here in California, but, they are just the inventory that is left from before the ban on incandescent lights here. You can still get halogen light bulbs here and I'm not quite sure if the state here has banned them too. However, I think they may have and it's the same as for the incandescent lights when they run out here you will have to go to Nevada or Oregon to get them. Really don't know why anyone would want incandescent lights anymore because compared to LED's they suck. LEDs were damn expensive when they first come out, but, the price is dropping here since the law went into effect on July 1st 2014, and I figure in about another year they will be fairly close to the price of a old design high quality incandescent.
Agreed. They are much better for sure.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Shopping / Consumer Products
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.