Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 PM  

Charleston, South Carolina
Fishing Spots in the lowcountry

hey yall, looking for some different spots to try fishing around charleston. I usually will go to the hatchery, Goose Creek reservoir, or Rocks Pond Campground but would like to find some new spots

Old 09-30-2010, 04:42 PM  

The jetties off of Charleston Harbor is the best. Right now the shrimping season is in full swing so you can't go wrong there either.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:49 PM  

Just thinking of another place that I have gone in the past, try fishing at Breech Inlet between the Isle of Palms and Sullivan Island. You can fish from the bridge or on the sand. Even if you don't catch anything, you can always get your seafood and refreshments at "The Boathouse" which is located there also. Keep in mind it is against the law to go into the waters there because of the currents.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 PM  

yeah i was originally talking about fresh water because i don't do much in salt water, but what do you usually use as far as bait when you try there i've only been salt water fishing a handfull of times and have used shrimp mostly
Old 10-01-2010, 06:55 AM  

Charleston, SC
I fish almost exclusively saltwater. I usually use live shrimp, fresh dead shrimp, or mud minnows for bait when I am fishing from the kayak. I also throw a lot of grubs. Some of my friends will use finger mullet, menhden, fiddler crabs, and/or blue crabs.
When I surf, pier, or shore fish, I might also use cut mullet, cut pinfish, or squid (not as often)..
In Mount Pleasant, you could stop in at Haddrells Point or Charleston Angler and they guys there can help you with bait or fishing spots. In my experience, salt water fishermen are very eager to help someone who is wanting to get started.

You might also want to check out the website for the East Cooper Fishing Club, eastcooperfishing.net. Their next meeting is on Monday night (first Monday of every month. The first two or three meetings are free and Dues are $40 per year, January through January. The big part of the club is the forums. A limited part of the forums are open to non-members.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:18 PM  

Depending on what you are fishing for... You can catch some nice size catfish in Santee. There is also a fishing bridge off of I-95 if you don't have a boat.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:11 AM  

Charleston, S.C
Ya gotta try Salt water
The south End of Edisto
The Trout are tearing it up now

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina
Bookmark this Page!