Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2010, 10:59 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Where to live in Irmo SC

I am currently living in Harbison SC, but would like to move a little further out to Irmo...well, a stone's throw...anyone know any nice townhouses for approx $100k? Or, a house that has a mother in law suite or garage apartment to it? Of course in a nice area.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 AM  

Irmo, South Carolina, USA
I have recently moved to Old Friarsgate (in April of 2010) and I think it is fantastic! The neighborhood is very quiet and the people here are friendly and helpful.

The down side to this area is that the houses are on the older side so you might have a little more maintainence than if you were to purchase new.

I have heard that New Friarsgate is also a nice place to stay despite its "bad" reputation. The houses there are newer, but not as well built IMO. As far as I have been able to gather, Old and New Friarsgate homes are all Mungo homes, the later being built when interest rates were through the roof and corners had to be cut.

Hopefully someone else around here will be able to help you with townhouse recommendations.

Best of luck to you, I hope you find a wonderful home!!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:34 PM  

Columbia, SC
ive heard nothing but good things about old friarsgate as well. My friend bought a house a few years ago in New Friarsgate which he loves. Why are you leaving harbison?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 AM  

Columbia, SC
Coldstream is a pretty good neighborhood. Should be able to find a house or two around your price range. Also, if you go down Irmo Drive to the end, they've built a few townhouses and patio homes behind Publix. Most are a year old or less, and would fit your price range perfectly.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:44 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Behind Publix?

I know where the intersection of Irmo Blvd and St. Andrews is and there is a Kroger, but where exactly is the Publix? Towards the Damn more?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:45 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
I'd actually like to find a home in Ballentine or near that area where there is a garage apartment as well as the house or a mother in law suite in the back of the house. Know of any?
Old 11-18-2010, 12:11 PM  

Columbia, SC
Sorry, don't know of any w/ MiL suite or garage apt. But, I think a that price point, you'll have a hard time finding one. That price will probably put most of the houses at around 1000-1400 total sq ft.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:54 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
True. Where is the Publix on Irmo that your talking about? I know where Kroger is, but not Publix. Is it closer to the damn?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:45 PM  

Irmo, South Carolina, USA
Hi VLT, there are actually two Publix stores in the Irmo area...one is on Broad River Rd. on the north side of I-26 across from Food Lion, but the one that neckbone is talking about is at the corner of Irmo Dr. and Hwy 6 down by the lake. ... seems like a great area to me!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:59 PM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Thanks!

Got it! Thanks much.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.