Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 11:57 AM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroosBrewz View Post
It's not looking like Yakima will be added anytime soon.. Ceg grew up in the Wenas Valley and spent quite a bit of time in SElah back in the day.. Used to go that country bar in Selah until it closed down 10 or 12 years ago.. Also shot a lot of pool at the Past Time.... is it still there?
Yeah the Pastime is still there. We have a get together there in a few weeks. I might get some pics to post up under Breweries & Pubs under Washington State.

The old place you are talking about was the Wagon Wheel. It closed shortly after I moved to this area. I use to go there a lot before moving over here when I used to drive over for the rodeos at Vic Wood's place. The Wagon Wheel was a lot of fun.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM  

Spokane, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceg View Post
Yeah the Pastime is still there. We have a get together there in a few weeks. I might get some pics to post up under Breweries & Pubs under Washington State.

The old place you are talking about was the Wagon Wheel. It closed shortly after I moved to this area. I use to go there a lot before moving over here when I used to drive over for the rodeos at Vic Wood's place. The Wagon Wheel was a lot of fun.
Vic Woods place? Holy crap me and my buddies used to go out there and ride bulls every wed night back in the day! I was pretty active in the Valley Rodeo Association as well.. Then when Vic died, it seemed like Vic Jr. tried to keep things going, but as I recall, it kinda faded away.. I have a lot of great memories if Vic Woods and the arena.. I used to know his grandson Duty pretty well... Maybe I know you? My name is Chris Hiles and I used to be the Copenhagen/Skoal Rep back in the day..

Old 02-21-2011, 12:22 PM  

Spokane, WA
And yes, it was the Wagon Wheel.. USed to work for the old owner Lou Truini when he used to own Wenas Lake.. He kinda drive that place into the ground unfortunately.. I did a lot of Copenhagen Skoal Bar Promotions out there... Have a lot of fond memories of that place.. And some not so fond ones....
Old 02-21-2011, 05:57 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
Vic Woods place? Holy crap me and my buddies used to go out there and ride bulls every wed night back in the day! I was pretty active in the Valley Rodeo Association as well.. Then when Vic died, it seemed like Vic Jr. tried to keep things going, but as I recall, it kinda faded away.. I have a lot of great memories if Vic Woods and the arena.. I used to know his grandson Duty pretty well... Maybe I know you? My name is Chris Hiles and I used to be the Copenhagen/Skoal Rep back in the day..
I might have met you. I used to chew Copenhagen back then. My name is Clay Graham. I use to help out a lot at Vic's along with Montana Rogers. We were know as those guys from the coast. Even though Graham Washington is not on the coast. I use to hang out with Tickle (that lived at Vic's for awhile) and drink a lot of beer. We later join Valley Rodeo Association for my son to do the kid events. Wow that was a long time ago.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 AM  

Spokane, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceg View Post
I might have met you. I used to chew Copenhagen back then. My name is Clay Graham. I use to help out a lot at Vic's along with Montana Rogers. We were know as those guys from the coast. Even though Graham Washington is not on the coast. I use to hang out with Tickle (that lived at Vic's for awhile) and drink a lot of beer. We later join Valley Rodeo Association for my son to do the kid events. Wow that was a long time ago.
I think I do remember at least one of you guys.. I remember this big old boy from the coast who was dressed more like a logger than a rodeo hand showed up one day and jumped on old Bear, the toughest bull in the pen..And if i recall correctly the guy didn't have a whole a lot of experience.. Everyone was like "who the hell is this guy?" Was that you? lol.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 AM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
I think I do remember at least one of you guys.. I remember this big old boy from the coast who was dressed more like a logger than a rodeo hand showed up one day and jumped on old Bear, the toughest bull in the pen..And if i recall correctly the guy didn't have a whole a lot of experience.. Everyone was like "who the hell is this guy?" Was that you? lol.
Not me. That could have been one of the those boys from Roy. Seems like there were a lot that came from there.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:19 PM  

Gotta love the hops. Other than that, the only good thing to come out of Yakima is the highway. (Oh, and my wife)
Old 06-16-2011, 12:04 AM  

Kittitas, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkster View Post
Well, I need 14 more requests to get a Yakima Forum opened up. Anybody wanna help get some Yakima love up here?
How do we request Yakima?

I'm nearby and visit Yakima at all the time. Some of my best friends live in the area.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.