Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 AM  

Ione, NE Wash. 5 acres along the Pend Oreille River
What is everyone's carry weapon?

What is everybodys primary Concealed Carry Weapon? Mine is a S&W 1911 .45 Sub-compact Pro-Series. It's like my Visa card. I don't leave home without it. I also carry a Kel-Tec PF-9 as a BUG.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM  

Bellevue, NE
S&W 1911 is bulletproof, I like it a lot, unfortunately my bank balance doesn't LOL

personally it's the Glock 19 9mm for myself in a fist inc keydex iwb holster worn just behind the right hip - and like your visa, I never leave home with out it

Old 10-27-2010, 12:25 PM  

Nothing wrong with Glocks, I know many who carry them. Believe it or not, but I got a sweet deal on the 1911 through Bud's Gun Shop....several hundred off retail.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:29 PM  

Bellevue, NE
sweet, can't complain with that at all....I've also got a Sig sauer P226 9mm, but truth be told I'm thinking about selling it and buying something in a different caliber....I'm not sure if I will though, the sig is a dream to shoot, it's just too big to be easily carried as a ccw so I don't have it as often as the glock, but I don't know LOL I don't really want to sell it (it's just an excuse to buy another caliber LOL)
Old 10-27-2010, 12:46 PM  

I shot the Sig when I was on active duty and I shot the 1911, which eventually won out. I might be interested...what part of Wash are you in?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:29 AM  

Bellevue, NE
Nah I'm in Bellevue Nebraska myself, from Dublin Ireland originally but moved over here 5yrs ago and been loving it ever since - eg Dublin is almost $10 a gallon of gas. Which sig did you have on duty? (cops or military?) I have to admit that I'm a 9mm fan, I've fired almost all handgun calibers (well all the normal rounds, haven't found any of the 444's or the weird Chinese 7.62x17 pistol ammo yet), even some 10mm rounds but I have to admit I am a fan of both the 9, 380 and 357 brackets, with 45 so far being my least favourite but that might be down to the guns rather then ammo. I've fired the Glock 21, one of the H&K's (can't remember which one tho) and a 1911 that my local range has for rental and I have to admit I didn't like any of them. I'm gonna get crucified for saying this but I really didn't like the 1911, the feel in my hand, the jarring recoil through the steel and wood, and the fact that you have to carry it hammer back all the time once loaded (I know it's essentially the same thing with my glock, you just don't see the hammer, but it feels different in my mind, if you get me?)

But all that aside, I did get some good news...My suppressor will be in on Monday so only another 110+ more days for the ATF to sort out the stamp and I will be shooting silenced. I know, I know they're not practical and no I'm not planning on an exciting new career as a hitman, but I've used em before and they do make 'fun shooting' a lot more fun, and recoil in 9mm almost vanishes. I'm getting if for my sig primarily but I can but a treaded barrel for the glock so it will work on both, I'm excited for that. Have you ever used any suppressors yourself?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 PM  

At the end of my career with the CG we were issued - P229R DAK .40 S&Ws. During the mid portion we used the Beretta 92 (9mm) and at the beginning of it we had the Colt .45 1911. I liked them all and was a very good shot with the Beretta, scoring Expert. I liked the Sig as well, but didn't have much shooting time with it as I did the others.

Ireland eh? Well my ancestors are from there. Been in the states since 1840. They went to Iowa and cleared the land and farmed.

In the 80's I bought a SWD Cobray M-11 9mm SMG, and with it I bought a silencer (another tax of course). It was fun and quiet to shoot the 32 round sticks. I sold it in 2007 or so when I discovered it was worth a fortune and needed the $. Had I known they'd have gone up as high as this one did (I bought it for $350 with the $200 tax when I was stationed in Mobile) so that was a keen profit. Now I wished I'd have bought two then.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Depending on the situation

Ruger LCP
Glock 17 or 22
SW638 goes about all the time
Ruger GP100

different outings have different needs lolol
Old 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
Colt 1991A1, .45APC
Old 10-28-2010, 04:01 PM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
Carry a Para Ord LTC (45ACP) or Sig Sauer 229 (.40)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!