Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 10-29-2010, 10:43 AM  
Member
 
lsmurphy's Avatar

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 60 | Kudos: +12
FN 5.7X28

Scott
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:20 AM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Wife carries a Walther PPK-S, .380. Great little gun that will fit in a pocket as well. Too bad it has the same stopping power as a pellet gun....
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:48 PM  
Junior Member

N. Las Vegas, Nevada/Washington
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19 | Kudos: +11
concealed weapons?

hopefully, by putting all of this info on the web, you people have concealed weapons permits.. otherwise, your just telling the gestapo (Obama and the rest of his twits) who you are, and what you carry..
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:07 PM  
Member
 
Greebo's Avatar

Bellevue, NE
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Wife carries a Walther PPK-S, .380. Great little gun that will fit in a pocket as well. Too bad it has the same stopping power as a pellet gun....
LOL a well placed 380 shot beats a 45 miss any day of the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
hopefully, by putting all of this info on the web, you people have concealed weapons permits.. otherwise, your just telling the gestapo (Obama and the rest of his twits) who you are, and what you carry..
Purchase permit and CCW permit all present and accounted for, no worries
__________________
"Childhood is short....but immaturity lasts forever!"
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:14 AM  
Junior Member

N. Las Vegas, Nevada/Washington
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 19 | Kudos: +11
when they come to take away your weapons, they'll know who, and where you are.. I'm NRA, and have been through many Hunter safety courses.. have shot in a lot of matches.. but.. I don't register my weapons! when they come to take my weapons, they will get the lead first!.. and with that socialist ass in office, it's coming, so load up on ammo is all I can say!

oh, Greebo.. a well placed pellet will work too, so what are you saying? I like my 45 because they don't make a 46.. and some food for "your" thought.. get shot in the shoulder with a 380, and in the other shoulder with a 45.. now talk to me about your pea gun..
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 AM  
Member
 
Greebo's Avatar

Bellevue, NE
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
when they come to take away your weapons, they'll know who, and where you are.. I'm NRA, and have been through many Hunter safety courses.. have shot in a lot of matches.. but.. I don't register my weapons! when they come to take my weapons, they will get the lead first!.. and with that socialist ass in office, it's coming, so load up on ammo is all I can say!
No fear there, it's too big an industry with too much involved by the way of taxes, along with too many ppl within the US supporting the 2nd amendment for any president/politician to actually be able to affect a noticeable change, let alone a complete ban. Look at the almost universal animosity and hatred that surround cigarettes both from ppl who smoke as much as those that don't and you will never see a complete ban on these, it's the same with guns...there's just too much money involved in the industry, and regardless of party or affiliation a politician will always be a politician first and will always go for the money....LOL my grandfather always said 'it doesn't matter who you vote for the government always gets in'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
oh, Greebo.. a well placed pellet will work too, so what are you saying? I like my 45 because they don't make a 46.. and some food for "your" thought.. get shot in the shoulder with a 380, and in the other shoulder with a 45.. now talk to me about your pea gun..
As for 45's... I don't hunt and am not LE/AF...I have 2 9mm's and 12g pump action, all of which are dedicated to personal protection. I don't like 45's personally I don't feel the need to carry that big a caliber, the 45 can do nothing that the 9 can not...and before I start a back n forth argument on a thread that has nothing to do with it, let me just say no one will change my mind about this....I don't personally like the 1911 and I think the 45 is simply over compensating and can do nothing my 9 can't do, I have 15 in the mag and I can hit a grouping of 4-5 inches at 25 yards of all 15 in ~30 secs, I don't feel under protected at all, you feel bigger is better (LOL perhaps in one area), but personally I believe in quality over quantity - but as they say "I may not agree with you but I will defend your..." and so on.
__________________
"Childhood is short....but immaturity lasts forever!"
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 PM  
Junior Member

Lakewood/Steilacoom, Washington
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1 | Kudos: +10
I'm a latte slurping Metrosexual from the Puget Sound Region, and more of a techie than a shooter.

I'll hit them with my man bag.

Oh man, that was fun to type.

More frequently it's been an old Beretta.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:15 AM  
Junior Member
 
odinp13's Avatar

Vancouver, Washington
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7 | Kudos: +11
Images: 1
For travel I keep a .22 mag darrenger as a pocket piece. A .45 Judge for the car. When we hit the rest areas at night it's a must to ride shotgun over the misus when she has to go.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:45 AM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
I like my 45 because they don't make a 46..
I had the same thought years ago, and carried my Sig Sauer P 220, .45 ACP for several years. Whem we completed a study on weaponry, we discovered the .45, with the limited mag capacity of 7 rounds, was a clear detriment. The 9MM, although held 15 rounds, just didn't have the stopping power needed to put someone down quickly.

We found a happy medium was a .40 cal. The FPS is similar to the .45, had the stopping power of the .45, but contained the much needed 15 rounds in the magazine. From that point forward, it has been my Glock 22.

I know you've already heard this before but thought I'd mention it any way. I'm sure you are aware that the best weapon is the one which you practice with often, with lots of repetition.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 AM  
Member
 
Greebo's Avatar

Bellevue, NE
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I'm sure you are aware that the best weapon is the one which you practice with often, with lots of repetition.
True, hits beats misses at all times, regardless of caliber
__________________

__________________
"Childhood is short....but immaturity lasts forever!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.