Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2011, 09:29 AM  

Post Falls, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8R8U2 View Post
..... by all means, tell the rest of us about this Utopia......
Devoid from the rest of your list we do, it?s called prison!

Old 05-30-2011, 11:15 AM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I had the same thought years ago, and carried my Sig Sauer P 220, .45 ACP for several years. Whem we completed a study on weaponry, we discovered the .45, with the limited mag capacity of 7 rounds, was a clear detriment. The 9MM, although held 15 rounds, just didn't have the stopping power needed to put someone down quickly.

We found a happy medium was a .40 cal. The FPS is similar to the .45, had the stopping power of the .45, but contained the much needed 15 rounds in the magazine. From that point forward, it has been my Glock 22.

I know you've already heard this before but thought I'd mention it any way. I'm sure you are aware that the best weapon is the one which you practice with often, with lots of repetition.
Your planning to take on the entire hells angels at once.
In most cases you need 1 or 2 rounds, so 7 should be far more than needed.
I have never shot and killed a human, but hunt a lot.
Even a large moose or bear will go down with just 1 shot about 99.9% of the time.
While my main hunting rifle can carry 4 if 1 is chambered, I have yet to need them all. Every hunt, they have gone down with just 1 shot fired.
Besides a human shot, even if still alive is likely no longer a threat.

Using myself for example, I doubt if I was even just shot in the leg, that i am now capable of doing much except screaming in pain.
And if they are armed, and still a threat to shoot you, surely #2 is going to stop them.
I wonder why some people that teach about firearms, teach quantity over quality. I usually hunt with others, so for example I am going to shoot a moose. Two buddies may also take aim, just in case it does not go down.
But not in my 25 years hunting has a friend ever needed to squeeze a round off as my backup. And only once did I ever need to backup a friend. He was doing a long shot, down a steep hill and just gut shot it.
As it was about to run, my shot hit it in the neck and it went down in about 10 to 15 feet, and only took that long since it was already moving.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:45 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
In most cases you need 1 or 2 rounds, so 7 should be far more than needed.
I agree but had an encounter that pitted my 7 rounds against 5 men with bats. I actually told them what I was thinking when I drew the gun. Just said; "i have 7 bullets for 5 of you so who wants to be shot twice?"

It worked.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads