Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 AM  

Spokane, WA
Winter

So everybody seems to think that this year will be a harsh winter like 2 years ago. I personally LOVED the winter 2 years ago. Was very disappointed with last years. Obviously I like snow. What do you predict this winter will be like, and will it be awesome or terrible for you.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:06 AM  

Ione, NE Wash. 5 acres along the Pend Oreille River
Oh, since El Nino is in the Pacific, I am sure it WILL be a colder Winter. Since I'm retired Coast Guard you will probably see some alerts posted on weather conditions that are coming...

From all my neighbors I've spoken with we're confident that it will be a wet and deep (snow wise) winter, at least in our area, which is NE Washington.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 PM  

Naches, Washington
Yeah, I keep hearing wet and deep also, but I'm really just hoping for a nice deep frost... kill off some stinking bugs!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:34 PM  

Naches, Washington
I remember there being a tremendous amount of snow out the Spokane way a couple years ago, but here in Yakima (well technically Naches) we didn't have all that much. Crying shame really as I do enjoy a good heavy snow.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:48 AM  

Spokane, WA
Last winter was a bust! I am ready for another big one. The snow blower is ready too.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:11 PM  

Spokane, WA
Just moved here from FL... and while I enjoy the snow a bit (it's a nice change), I'm not really looking forward to shoveling a ton a winter.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:26 PM  

Spokane, WA
I live in Colfax and I can tell you that I am sick the snow already.. I live down a long gravel road in the middle of wheat fields and when it snows and blows, I can get five foot drifts all up and down the driveway and literally get snowed in.. Also, the drive going all the way to WSU from Colfax is a real PITA in the winter.. So, my vote is NO MORE SNOW.........
Old 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM  

Spokane, WA
I would take more snow over this nasty slush.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:34 AM  

Naches, Washington
Hey GroosBrews... I know you!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:32 AM  

East Wenatchee, Washington
This winter is definetly a lot more intense than the last couple. We usually don't get snow before Thanksgiving in the Wenatchee area, and this year we got it about a week before and it didn't melt off like usuall. I don't think it has been about 32 F since. The funny thing is that about a week before it snowed, we had a day that got up to around 70 F and was gorgeous.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!