Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2010, 11:16 AM  

Ione, NE Wash. 5 acres along the Pend Oreille River
This Winter's a gonna be a COLD one!

Windstorm could be fiercest in 12 years
SOURCE: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
DATE: 25 Oct 10
LINK: <Powerful winds expected - JSOnline>

By Tuesday morning, Wisconsin may be in the throes of its most powerful widespread windstorm in more than a decade with characteristics that mimic a 1998 storm that killed four.

Forecasters say Monday night could feature a stiff breeze and some rain, but wind will reach sustained speeds of 40 mph by late Tuesday morning and gusts of 60 mph or more. Heavy winds won't leave the area until at least midday Wednesday.

The National Weather Service issued warnings for southeast Wisconsin on Monday, prompting businesses and homeowners to make preparations.
Hardware store customers purchased bungee cords and straps. U.S. Coast Guard officials were considering moving some ships. Restaurants packed up their outdoor seating as officials warned that trash bins could become projectiles. (more at link)

Weather Forces Closures At Coastal Ports
SOURCE: KPTV-TV 12 Beaverton, Ore.
DATE: 25 Oct 10
LINK: <Weather Forces Closures At Coastal Ports - Portland Weather News Story - KPTV Portland>

ASTORIA, Ore. - The coast guard has closed the Columbia River bar and most other entrances to coastal ports in Oregon and Washington because of dangerously high waves.

The Tillamook Bay and Siuslaw River bar entrances are also closed.
Ken Stuber, with the command center in Astoria, said 30-foot swells from a storm that hit the Pacific Northwest over the weekend prompted the closures.

He said no ships have required assistance during the storm, and large ships that are equipped to handle the seas can still request to cross during the closure.

Right now, requests to travel across the river bars must be approved by the captain of the port in Astoria.

{Want something to blame....blame El Nino.....out in the Pacific....}

Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 AM  

Spokane, WA
...and the cold begins. Hopefully people travelling for the holiday this week are prepared.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM  

Spokane, WA
It's been insanely cold here.. Last week I couldn't start either car one morning.. I am an amateur beekeeper and am quite concerned how my bees are going to make it through the winter..
Old 01-23-2011, 06:16 PM  

spokane, WA
winter in spokane was ok, i wish that there was more snow this year.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:07 PM  

Yeah winter in Spokane this year definitely had its moments, the only thing that bothers me now is the amount of potholes but i guess thats inevitable.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!