Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2011, 02:28 PM  
Mom, Jeeps and Apple Pie!

Indianapolis, IN
Coach Caldwell cost the Colts the game. can't believe that timeout. what the HECK was he thinking? oh, HE WASN'T.

since our 'other' team, the Chiefs, (my wife's from KC) have lost too, guess we'll be pulling for the Seahawks.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM  

Reading, PA
Great start by the Eagles. YUCK

Old 01-09-2011, 06:24 PM  

Reading, PA
AFC Divisional round

at

at

NFC Divisional round

at

at
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM  

Reading, PA
Seeing how bad I did with my first round picks I wasn't going to make any this round because I didn't want to jinx any of the teams left that I want to win but I just have to make my picks. Sorry to anyone who might really be a fan of the remaining teams. If I pick your team to win its nothing personal. I really want or believe they will.

I'm going with all the bye teams and for the record I'm all in with the Pats. Since the playoffs started I've felt they are the clear favorite to win the Super Bowl no matter who they play. I did go with the Falcons but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Packers pull the upset again. I went with the Bears but that could go the other way as well. The Seahawks showed they're no push over and Cutler is always 1 throw away from one of the 5 pick games.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:26 AM  

Spokane, WA
I hope the Seahawks win, but I know that if they do, more people will jump on the "Just because you win your division doesn't mean you should go to the playoffs" bandwagon. Oh well, such is life...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:12 AM  

Reading, PA
I was on the fence about this. After I thought about it, its not a good division. All of the teams were bad this year BUT, Seattle won the division. They earned the right to represent that division in the playoffs by doing better than the other 3 teams. And people can say that because they had a losing record they don't belong in the playoffs. The Seahawks proved everyone wrong by beating the defending Super Bowl champs to move on to the next round. They can't be that bad. I also don't want to hear it was luck either. That day the Hawks came out and played better. They won. The Packers weren't lucky when they beat the Eagles. They were better prepared and came out and beat them. No luck involved. I do think its going to be tougher for the Hawks to continue but you never know. They could absolutely beat the Bears. Or they could lose too, but Cutler is always 1 throw away from a 5 interception game. I thought that yes, the Seahawks should have gotten in at 7-9 but they shouldn’t have gotten a home game. That was wrong. They deserved the home game they got because they won their division. Yes the Saints had a better record but 1 team in their division was better than them. 10-6 is better than 7-9? Yes. Tough. You didn’t win your division, go play on the road. That’s the rule. If they re-seed or make them play at the teams stadium with the better record there is no point in having divisions. So Seahawks fans should be proud. 7-9 or 16-0, they’re in the playoffs and they took full advantage of that opportunity and beat the Saints. There are 20 other teams who are golfing after week 17 and didn’t have that opportunity. Good for the Seahawks and good luck this weekend against the Bears.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 AM  

Spokane, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swindle06 View Post
I was on the fence about this. After I thought about it, its not a good division. All of the teams were bad this year BUT, Seattle won the division. They earned the right to represent that division in the playoffs by doing better than the other 3 teams. And people can say that because they had a losing record they don't belong in the playoffs. The Seahawks proved everyone wrong by beating the defending Super Bowl champs to move on to the next round. They can't be that bad. I also don't want to hear it was luck either. That day the Hawks came out and played better. They won. The Packers weren't lucky when they beat the Eagles. They were better prepared and came out and beat them. No luck involved. I do think its going to be tougher for the Hawks to continue but you never know. They could absolutely beat the Bears. Or they could lose too, but Cutler is always 1 throw away from a 5 interception game. I thought that yes, the Seahawks should have gotten in at 7-9 but they shouldn?t have gotten a home game. That was wrong. They deserved the home game they got because they won their division. Yes the Saints had a better record but 1 team in their division was better than them. 10-6 is better than 7-9? Yes. Tough. You didn?t win your division, go play on the road. That?s the rule. If they re-seed or make them play at the teams stadium with the better record there is no point in having divisions. So Seahawks fans should be proud. 7-9 or 16-0, they?re in the playoffs and they took full advantage of that opportunity and beat the Saints. There are 20 other teams who are golfing after week 17 and didn?t have that opportunity. Good for the Seahawks and good luck this weekend against the Bears.
That is the most logical and sane thing I have ever read in any sports related post. Ever. Seriously. Cheers!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:42 PM  

Reading, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetimotin View Post
That is the most logical and sane thing I have ever read in any sports related post. Ever. Seriously. Cheers!
LOL. Thanks. Most times people people do get completely irrational about sports. I try to keep a balanced approach to it. Sometimes its harder than others.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:12 PM  

Reading, PA
Pittsburgh wins. 1-4 with my picks now. The way it started I thought it was going to be 0-5. Turned out to be a good game.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:49 PM  

Reading, PA
AFC Championship game

at

NFC Championship game

at

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.