Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 PM  

Paron, Arkansas
Anybody else like equestrian sports?

When not out with my students or on one of my horses I enjoy watching horse races, Dressage, hunter/jumper, Cross country as well as just about any other equestrian sport. I am wondering how many other equestrians we have here.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i'm not personally an equestrian, but i grew up around it. we lived on horse land (barn with stalls, arena ect ect). my sister grew up doing dressage and show jumping. now she is the captain of the Oregon State University polo team.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
My friend is a big horse person. I go to the barn and things with her now to help her out. Some of the stuff is kinda neat.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
my wife rode in competitions when she was younger and is starting to get back into it now. The biggest hurdle at this point is her horse which, like her, hasn't done competition in years
Old 11-13-2010, 10:38 PM  

Paron, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj View Post
my wife rode in competitions when she was younger and is starting to get back into it now. The biggest hurdle at this point is her horse which, like her, hasn't done competition in years
A good horsemaster can give the horse a refresher and a instructor could be helpful in assisting your wife in returning to riding. Likely you know this already, nothing beats time in the saddle for getting your gait back.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:36 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Born and reared on a farm......around draft horses and once along the way we had a saddle horse........guess y'all remember these beautiful horses......from the movie, etc.

The "World Famous" Lipizzaner Stallions

Wild Horses - Music Ennio Morricone "For a few dollars more"

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!