Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2011, 01:10 PM  
fustrated genius

Cain Valasquez Vs Junior Dos Santos

My boy got KO'd. DANG!!

Old 11-13-2011, 04:51 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Chances are this will become a non functional link before long, but...

This fight was (almost) a disappointment for what it was. One of the major things that seperates boxing and MMA is the undercards of an MMA fight alot of times can carry the card moreso than the headliner. This fight was a prime example.

Im just sad for the casual fan who tuned into Fox for 30 minutes of commercials, and 28.5 minutes of commentary/discussion and 1.5 minutes of fight.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:30 PM  
fustrated genius

Yeah it was very short. Two of my sons were at the fight. The croud was very ANGRY that Valasquez didn't win. In fact, Dos Santos had a lot more security than Cain did.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:37 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung
Chances are this will become a non functional link before long, but.
As of 7:36 central time the video was no longer on. Copyright issue on YouTube.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
That was the worst FIGHT I have ever seen UFC put on. Really a 1 hour long show for a 2:30 fight. That was so dumb. Where there was an under card. I understand that it was a free fight but they have put on much better free fights before.

If you want to know what happened. Cain threw a few punched and kicks. Dos Santos threw a few punches then Hit Cain in the ear and knocked him down he then pounced on Cain and gave him about 6 to 7 shots in the face/ side of the head before Big John jumped in and waved it off.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:04 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
The entire undercard was broadcast on Facebook (as they normally are)

For the regular die-hard fan like me, tuning into the Facebook stream before the main card on Spike/PPV is the norm.

For the new/curious/fairweather/casual fan it was a huge mistake to take a gamble on just ONE fight when making the transition to a major TV network. Sadly this gamble blew up in managements faces.

I for one am pleased that JDS took the title. I like him as an all around person and as a fighter. This was just eerily reminiscent of the old Mike Tyson days on PPV - good thing there was no PPV fee to watch it on Faux.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 AM  

Houston, Texas
I fail to see what the problem is. Is it because the fight was to short/ not long enough? It was a fight, not a football game. There is no rule saying how long a fight must be except by round. Anyone who paid to see this did get their money's worth. The fact that it was 2:30 is irrelevant. It was a fight. Not a movie. Not a football game. Not ballet.
A fight.
You pay your money. You take your chances.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:05 AM  

Yeah, but many like to savor the blood and gore for a much longer time.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:15 AM  

Houston, Texas
There's always pro wrestling.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:51 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I fail to see what the problem is. Is it because the fight was to short/ not long enough? It was a fight, not a football game. There is no rule saying how long a fight must be except by round. Anyone who paid to see this did get their money's worth. The fact that it was 2:30 is irrelevant. It was a fight. Not a movie. Not a football game. Not ballet.
A fight.
You pay your money. You take your chances.
If you saw the fights beforehand (i.e. the Bendo/Crapenter) fight then you might be more inclined to call that fight a bit of a letdown.

The fact that Zuffa/Faux came up with a 30 minute timeslot and were dealt a 1.5 minute fight = 28.5 more minutes of commercials/trap flapping.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

« the GOAT? | Powder »