Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2011, 06:52 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Kimbo Slice is FAR from a poster boy for MMA. He got his start on youtube where he would go around with his idiot thug buddies and they would pay people to let kimbo punch them and see if he could KO them. Then it turned into back yard STREET brawls. Then He got into MMA Bas Ruten (The Godfather of MMA) refused to train Kimbo because of his past.

That is why when Kimbo was on TUF Roy "Cheeseburger Cheeseburger" Nelson laied on him and love tapped him in the face for 30 seconds and he lost the fight. Kimbo has ZERO ground game. He had bad knees that have shown to be a huge weakness. One kick and he is done for.

That was a fight. MMA fights don't need to go 30 rounds of two idiots bashing each others barins out. Just look where that got Muhamad Ali. He can't even say his name. He can't even stand up with out someone holding him up. He can how ever make one hell of a martini. Shaken not stirred.

To me there is way more THUGS in Boxing than in MMA. There are more thrown fights in Boxing then there ever will be in MMA.
Yes, get a thug street brawler in a MMA cage with rules and more than punching face and he's done.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:24 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post

Is Kimbo a monkey? His name is new to me but I thought it a great name for a chimp.

I can't be jaded by ignoring MMA completely. That was not a fight but I'm not really sure what it actually was. I've watched much better street brawls.
Nascar FTW?

LOL

Enjoy your 'Bumfights' and 'Schoolyard Brawls'. Just please dont try to keep associating that crap with a sport that has way more legitimacy than your so called 'gentlemens sport'

Old 11-19-2011, 01:15 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
If you want to see just what a street brawler CANNOT do in the cage. Just look up Tank Abbott. Tank thinks really highly of himself. Yet his Street Brawling record is 11w 14l Not very good.

Here are 2 street brawlers Kimbo Slice vs Tank Abbot.

Here is what a HIGH LEVER MMA fighter does to a Street Brawler.

Here is a Tank Losing again. He had the guy almost KOed. This was not a top level promotion either Like Dream, UFC, or Strikeforce.

Here is another Loss of Tank Abbott. I will say when he loses (most of the time) he does so in a spectacular fashion.

Street brawlers don't train like MMA fighters.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:18 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
NASCAR Really

Lets turn left. WOW takes a lot of skill right there. We are going to all drive the exact same car with the exact same motor and exact same trans with the exact same tires and the exact same wheels using the exact same gas doing the exact same thing. The new rules of NASCAR ruined it they turned it into nothing more than 3.5 hour commercial that's it.

I would rather watch 3.5 hours of Ellen and Roseann Barr together than that.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:01 PM  

Houston, Texas
I'm not a big fan of NASCAR as it currently exists but your response shows exactly how little you know about the sport.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:06 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Oh please school me. NOT!!!!!

Oh and lets race all season till the last ten races then lets start over.

NASCAR lost me as a fan when they switched to that idiot points thing and the Car of Tomorrow.

It used to be STOCK cars racing. Now it is the same cars racing with different stickers on the outside.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:29 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34
NASCAR Really

Lets turn left. WOW takes a lot of skill right there.
I agree completely with every thing you said in your last post. Unfortunately you chose to ignore my statement that neither am I a fan of NASCAR as it exist today. But maybe you can explain your statement above. After all it seems you know it all and no one can teach you anything. So please educate me on the above statement.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
In NASCAR all you do is drive around in a circle (Except for the what 2 road races).

You go fast and turn left. Really how much skill does it take.

I have watched NASCAR since the late 80's. Up until they pussefied it.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:56 AM  

Houston, Texas
More skill then you or me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

« the GOAT? | Powder »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.