Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2010, 08:05 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I love sheet shooting! I joined a summer league a few years back and had a great time, especially winning the 2nd place trophy. Not bad considering it cost ~$200, and I gots me a ~$4.00 piece of plastic.
WOW! And I thought it was bad to spend from $12 to $20 for a shot up piece of wood, spot shooting. That's if I lose, if I win I could win as much as 1/2 a cow.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:24 PM  

We shot an average of 100 rounds a week, which is 4 boxes of 12 gauge rounds. I usually reload them myself, but when Wally World has the ammo on sale, I stock up and just throw the spent cartridges away because they are not worth reloading.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I have a clay thrower, but i don't use it much anymore. Never was really a good shot... Still enjoyed it though...
Old 10-31-2010, 08:16 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
I did till my club saw fit to fix up the shotgun range then start charging me to use it even though I pay my dues every year and spend 100+ hours working on the place.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:19 PM  

Maricopa, Arizona
I love them all, Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays, my problem is the nearest range is 90 minutes away. I am lucky, though, I can drive 15 minutes out of town and be in open desert to fire way with the M4, AK, M/N 91/30 and all of the handguns. I'm looking for others in the southeast Phoenix valley to shoot with in the Maricopa area. I'd love to come out to east TN and shoot with you, bit I think the commute would be a real bear. My lovely bride of 25 years and I were married in Gatlinburg. We really love the area.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:52 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I shoot skeet and sometimes trap. It gets so busy though on the weekends and the club members get access before you even if you were there first that I've cut back. Also not a huge fan of the drinking policy in the club house.

What's worse is sometimes you have to share a range with a member and overwhelmingly they are the most pretentious bunch with their matching carts, outfits and $5000 guns.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I shoot skeet and sometimes trap. It gets so busy though on the weekends and the club members get access before you even if you were there first that I've cut back. Also not a huge fan of the drinking policy in the club house.

What's worse is sometimes you have to share a range with a member and overwhelmingly they are the most pretentious bunch with their matching carts, outfits and $5000 guns.

Yeah, but you got City Profile Stickers...
Old 11-13-2010, 04:58 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
what's worse is sometimes you have to share a range with a member and overwhelmingly they are the most pretentious bunch with their matching carts, outfits and $5000 guns.
qft

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads