Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
Thanks, neighbor......appreciate your saying so....definitely a sport that takes great strength in your arms, or so it appears....

Yep and a whole lot more than your arms but definitely a way to stay fit!

Old 12-22-2012, 07:30 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Again being a Pole dancer is not a SPORT. It is one step away from being a hooker.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:58 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Speaking of sport, please be one and don't insult fellow members. I'm pretty positive that pole dancing is not a gateway activity to prostitution, and that most ladies that practice this activity would agree.

Except for the pole it really has very little in common with the type of pole dancing that I've witnessed the various strip bars I've visited over the years.

Call it what you will, it sure looks like a very physically and mentally demanding activity to me. I'd fall off that pole in a flash.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:37 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Again being a Pole dancer is not a SPORT. It is one step away from being a hooker.
Hi mrmurdoc34. I have no problem with you disagreeing with pole dancing as a sport or not. We can have that debate about a lot of activities. I was initially offended by your comment because if you met me and took the time to understand what pole dancing in my life is, you would realize that not only is pole dancing not one step closer to being a hooker, but I personally am a very conservative woman who wouldn't be caught dead flaunting my body on a stage to try and get money from men. Actually I don't flaunt my body anywhere.

Upon putting some thought into your comment, I decided not to be offended but take it as a representation of what a lot of people think about pole dancing when someone first talks about it. A lot of people share your opinion about it and I am not hear to convince anyone to change their minds. I just started this thread to let people know about a new evolving sport. Pole dancing is a new sport that I took up a few years ago when I was looking into finding new things to do. I decided to go out on a limb and try it. I knew another woman who had done it and the reason she quit was because she couldn't handle how physically challenging it was.

My first pole dancing class opened my eyes to something new that I had personally misunderstood previously. I did it somewhat reluctantly but my friend was convinced that because of my strength I would be really good at it. I am very strong for a girl so I ended up loving the challenge and becoming pretty good at it. I wear normal shorts and tank tops and bare feet, as do the rest of the girls in my studio. None of us would be caught dead on a stage in a strip club or as a hooker. Men arent allowed in or near our studio. We are all in good relationships with our own men and we love our sport. Call it what you want, but we choose to call it a sport and would even love to see it at the Olympics someday. I doubt we will get to the Olympics because there are too many people like you who won't open their minds and consider what we do as something athletic.

There are beautiful amazing women all over the world who pole dance in this type of studio now. We have talked about renaming it to vertical dance or something less "offensive" to people like you, but then we realized we should just call it what it is and enjoy what we do and not try to prove ourselves to anyone.

You think what you want, but before your accuse me of being one step from being a hooker, you should probably take a step back and think before you insult people you don't know.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 PM  

I would imagine it is a great form of exercise. Too bad I'd bend the pole!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:22 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Fatty boom batty

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.