Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Agreed, how do we get this on TV on Sundays?

Haha... I love your comments ... I wonder what controversy would stir up if there was a proposal to add it to TV on Sundays ... but I would love it if they did! I just downloaded a pole dancing app on my droid to demonstrate new moves to learn. It is becoming a more publicly accepted "sport".

Old 10-18-2010, 03:49 PM  
Ill be back....

Pearland, Texas
so would the competitors be wearing tops in Olympic competition? Just asking.....

Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM  

Mount Holly, NJ
I agree. More skill and creativeness than any other sport.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:07 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu3270 View Post
so would the competitors be wearing tops in Olympic competition? Just asking.....
This kind of athleticism is not about stripping and being naked ... but I'll admit the attire doesn't include much

Old 10-19-2010, 06:32 AM  
Great Dane Loving Jeeper

San Antonio, TX
I see it as a great workout but not so much a sport worthy of the Olympics. It would turn into 14-16 year old girls from China doing it.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:41 AM  

I think it would be great for the Olympics, it's just another form of gymnastics.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:51 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
The issue with clothing and pole dancing is that the clothing can restrict movement and how you cling or stay on the pole. Certain fabrics will stick when you don't want or slip when you don't want.

But yes, it is like gymnastics, bars mainly, but some skills from beam and floor. You just take them into a different position.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:54 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Morgan View Post
I think it would be great for the Olympics, it's just another form of gymnastics.
EXACTLY.

(The forum makes me add more characters to my post so I'm adding lots of smileys for you Captain Morgan - you are exactly right)
Old 10-19-2010, 07:59 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicase50 View Post
The issue with clothing and pole dancing is that the clothing can restrict movement and how you cling or stay on the pole. Certain fabrics will stick when you don't want or slip when you don't want.

But yes, it is like gymnastics, bars mainly, but some skills from beam and floor. You just take them into a different position.
And lots of smileys for you helicase ...
The clothing is a HUGE safety issue... if you don't stick, you fall; or if you stick when you don't want to, then you don't slide properly. And falling hurts bad. There are holds that you need skin from your belly to keep you from falling!

And to the post above about the little girls in the Olympics ... yep you are probably right, but that doesn't keep gymnastics out of the Olympics and thats a big issue with them.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:22 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
And lots of smileys for you helicase ...
The clothing is a HUGE safety issue... if you don't stick, you fall; or if you stick when you don't want to, then you don't slide properly. And falling hurts bad. There are holds that you need skin from your belly to keep you from falling!

And to the post above about the little girls in the Olympics ... yep you are probably right, but that doesn't keep gymnastics out of the Olympics and thats a big issue with them.
I did gymnastics for about 10 years and took a couple pole classes when I was out of town and they had them. I loved them but if it hadn't been for gymnastics I would have failed. Only reason I know, okay and I have a few friends who do it um professionally.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.