Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM  
Senior Member
 
mtngirl's Avatar

Charlottesville, VA
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 223 | Kudos: +26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Agreed, how do we get this on TV on Sundays?

Haha... I love your comments ... I wonder what controversy would stir up if there was a proposal to add it to TV on Sundays ... but I would love it if they did! I just downloaded a pole dancing app on my droid to demonstrate new moves to learn. It is becoming a more publicly accepted "sport".
__________________

__________________
Join "Mollys Forum" (www.mollysforum.com) A forum for active women to try new adventures!
Find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/mollysforum
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:49 PM  
Ill be back....
 
Hendu3270's Avatar

Pearland, Texas
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 171 | Kudos: +12
so would the competitors be wearing tops in Olympic competition? Just asking.....
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM  
Junior Member

Mount Holly, NJ
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7 | Kudos: +11
I agree. More skill and creativeness than any other sport.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:07 PM  
Senior Member
 
mtngirl's Avatar

Charlottesville, VA
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 223 | Kudos: +26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu3270 View Post
so would the competitors be wearing tops in Olympic competition? Just asking.....
This kind of athleticism is not about stripping and being naked ... but I'll admit the attire doesn't include much

__________________
Join "Mollys Forum" (www.mollysforum.com) A forum for active women to try new adventures!
Find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/mollysforum
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:32 AM  
Great Dane Loving Jeeper

San Antonio, TX
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 52 | Kudos: +12
I see it as a great workout but not so much a sport worthy of the Olympics. It would turn into 14-16 year old girls from China doing it.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 AM  
Senior Member
 
Captain_Morgan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 198 | Kudos: +12
I think it would be great for the Olympics, it's just another form of gymnastics.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:51 AM  
running around
 
helicase50's Avatar

Syracuse, NY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 161 | Kudos: +16
The issue with clothing and pole dancing is that the clothing can restrict movement and how you cling or stay on the pole. Certain fabrics will stick when you don't want or slip when you don't want.

But yes, it is like gymnastics, bars mainly, but some skills from beam and floor. You just take them into a different position.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 PM  
Senior Member
 
mtngirl's Avatar

Charlottesville, VA
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 223 | Kudos: +26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Morgan View Post
I think it would be great for the Olympics, it's just another form of gymnastics.
EXACTLY.

(The forum makes me add more characters to my post so I'm adding lots of smileys for you Captain Morgan - you are exactly right)
__________________
Join "Mollys Forum" (www.mollysforum.com) A forum for active women to try new adventures!
Find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/mollysforum
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:59 PM  
Senior Member
 
mtngirl's Avatar

Charlottesville, VA
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 223 | Kudos: +26
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicase50 View Post
The issue with clothing and pole dancing is that the clothing can restrict movement and how you cling or stay on the pole. Certain fabrics will stick when you don't want or slip when you don't want.

But yes, it is like gymnastics, bars mainly, but some skills from beam and floor. You just take them into a different position.
And lots of smileys for you helicase ...
The clothing is a HUGE safety issue... if you don't stick, you fall; or if you stick when you don't want to, then you don't slide properly. And falling hurts bad. There are holds that you need skin from your belly to keep you from falling!

And to the post above about the little girls in the Olympics ... yep you are probably right, but that doesn't keep gymnastics out of the Olympics and thats a big issue with them.
__________________
Join "Mollys Forum" (www.mollysforum.com) A forum for active women to try new adventures!
Find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/mollysforum
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 PM  
running around
 
helicase50's Avatar

Syracuse, NY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 161 | Kudos: +16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
And lots of smileys for you helicase ...
The clothing is a HUGE safety issue... if you don't stick, you fall; or if you stick when you don't want to, then you don't slide properly. And falling hurts bad. There are holds that you need skin from your belly to keep you from falling!

And to the post above about the little girls in the Olympics ... yep you are probably right, but that doesn't keep gymnastics out of the Olympics and thats a big issue with them.
I did gymnastics for about 10 years and took a couple pole classes when I was out of town and they had them. I loved them but if it hadn't been for gymnastics I would have failed. Only reason I know, okay and I have a few friends who do it um professionally.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.