Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 PM  

Pole dancing at a strip club is nothing like the pole dancing you see these women doing.

Pole dancing at a strip club is just a woman holding a pole while she strips, that's all, it takes no talent at all to do that.

While the pole dancing you see these women doing is more of a TRUE pole dance, with spinning and gymnastics in the mix.

I would consider this type of pole dancing to be more like Chinese pole, and I can bet you, if you ever call someone that dose Chinese pole a stripper they will set you straight pretty quick.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:24 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminart View Post
First of all, pole dancing has my ringing endorsement. Secondly, its origins are from stripping to sexually excite men. You can sugar coat it all you want, but that's the truth. Again, I'm all for it, but don't get bent out of shape if people associate it with sex.
Don't worry, I don't deny that men love it and I have no problem with that. I'm not trying to sugar coat it - look at the pictures I posted at the beginning of this thread on the first page - those were the more conservative pictures I had to post on a public forum. There was only one post on this entire thread that I got bent out of shape about and it was edited partially by the administrators and taken care of appropriately; I also responded directly to it. My primary intent was to show that there is pole dancing in strip clubs and there is pole dancing as a sport now. Some of the women do both and some would never cross over because they are so different.

I also don't expect everyone to give it a ringing endorsement. I fully appreciate that it is controversial regardless of how much of a sport it is becoming.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:26 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Morgan View Post
Pole dancing at a strip club is nothing like the pole dancing you see these women doing.

Pole dancing at a strip club is just a woman holding a pole while she strips, that's all, it takes no talent at all to do that.

While the pole dancing you see these women doing is more of a TRUE pole dance, with spinning and gymnastics in the mix.

I would consider this type of pole dancing to be more like Chinese pole, and I can bet you, if you ever call someone that dose Chinese pole a stripper they will set you straight pretty quick.
Thanks Captain Morgan... you summed it up perfectly for me
Old 10-28-2010, 08:34 PM  

I hate it when people already have a negative opinion on something, just because someone else gave it a bad name.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:39 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
adventure

History and Origins of Pole Dancing

a very good read

Ma'am; keep the energy for growth; in mind and spirit
It is the adventure; that keeps us young
some-day; maybe I'll be 6 lolol
Old 10-29-2010, 07:59 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
History and Origins of Pole Dancing

a very good read

Ma'am; keep the energy for growth; in mind and spirit
It is the adventure; that keeps us young
some-day; maybe I'll be 6 lolol
Thanks for sharing this article ... it was interesting. I enjoyed it!
And you are right .. It is the adventure that keeps us young! haha
Old 10-29-2010, 08:09 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Morgan View Post
I hate it when people already have a negative opinion on something, just because someone else gave it a bad name.
I do too; and I can't change other people's opinions regardless of what they are based on, so I figure so long as people don't attack me (or someone I care about) personally, you can have the opinion and live that way ... it's the loss of the person who doesn't open their mind to try or learn about new things.

I think with pole dancing specifically, the new form of it being a sport is so new and so few people have seen it and heard of it, I would be foolish to engage in the battle ... but I'll just keep doing it and loving it and writing about it and hopefully get better at it, and if even one person with an open mind decides to actually look at what I'm talking about and not allow prior misperceptions to judge me immediately, then I'll be very happy.

Now off to my pole for a workout! In the spirit of pure fun, I do challenge anyone to go to their nearest "pole" even if it's a street sign, stand with your back to it and hold on to the pole behind your head, then slowly raise and lower both legs so they extend above your head and back to the ground without touching the ground, see how many of those leg raises you can do and get back to me on that ... that's part of a good pole workout routine that conditions you to become good at this new "sport"
Old 10-29-2010, 12:12 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
America

Ma'am; if you promise to call 911; and have an ambulance waiting very close by lolol I'll attack your pole; lolol; and then be attacked by the ''band-aiders'' of America
It really sounds like fun. ''more pictures'' when you can; thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 12:35 PM  

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Did you look at the tone on those legs??
Muscles and flexibility... If the activity caused muscle tone like that it has GOT to be a sport.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:32 AM  

Boise, Idaho
If you don't consider it a sport than you have never been to a strip club before.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.